Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden rose, frankincense, and vanilla bean.

First sniff in the sample - light, sunny scent, not overly rosy, but hard to define exactly what anything smells like

Freshly spritzed: The golden rose is a nice note, it's floral and soft, but kind of sunny and gentle. The frankincense is really coming to the top and taking the lead, though. The vanilla bean, I honestly didn't even notice when I was applying it, mostly frankincense with a little sunny rose backdrop.

A few hours later: Not a lot of throw to this one as it calms down. It's very soft, bordering on powdery-soft, but not baby powder. The lingering scent is hard to define, like when it was first in the bottle, I don't really smell "rose" or "frankincense" or "vanilla bean" at this point. It's just a kind of light melange of something soft and slightly "sunny" smelling. I will say, it's only been 2-3 hours, and I don't get much scent off my hair unless I pull it around and huff the ends, this one is a lot quieter than the rest of the rose HG's I've tried so far.

i adore this one. It reminds me a bit of the mainstream perfume parisienne, which I loved, but went funky on my skin. I mostly get soft rose, no screechy floral tinge n sight. The vanilla rounds it out to make it even softer, and I personally can't tease out the frankincense. This one is plush and whimsical to me. Hubby disagrees and calls it baby powder...but I get none of that. Perhaps a bit of powder as in an old Victorian body powder that would sit on a guided vanity. But even then, I don't like to use the description "powdery".

I'm so pleased that this update has changed my feelings towards rose notes. This and dix are the winners for me. Ordered backups.

I have to agree that this is a sunny rose. More frankincense was evident

upon application, but everything mellowed nicely as my damp hair began

to air dry. Now it smells like a soft, rose-golden halo around my head.

There's still a bit of brightness from the frankincense and it's anchored

by a subtle, non-foody deep brown crinkle of vanilla pod.

:boogie: Yay for another rose I can wear!

ETA: This pairs well with The Fool's Rose, very uplifting and sunny together.

Edited by AraliaShine

I think this smells even better than the perfume did on me (and I really liked it - I should likely get a bottle!). The rose is really syrupy and sweet, which I love. The Frankincense doesn't take over. The whole scent is sunny and golden and sweet. I really like it a lot.

This smells just like the perfume to me, sunny and sweet yellow rose. The only difference might be that the frankincense smells a bit brighter in the HG and has a little more texture.

Soft, sunny perfumey rose. It's a very subtle rose blend. Sort of golden? Not alot of wear length.