Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tea roses, pink sandalwood, hay absolute, and vanilla orchid.

Holy top notes batman!

This goes on all sharp rose and orchid flower. If this rose were on my skin, it would probably go sour (as roses sometimes do on me). I know there's something under that, like a dry sandalwood/hay note, but it's hidden under the top notes.

It's too much orchid for my taste. Everything is reading as a sickly sweetness because of it. If you actually like orchid, you'll enjoy Douze a lot more.

Fairly good throw.

In the bottle: tea rose! hello! This is the same strong tea rose from Dawn: Maiden and/or like Marie, and I'm quite happy about that! There's a kind of dusty soft, almost powdery feel around the edges that I think might be the sandalwood, it doesn't smell "dry grassy" like the hay note I've sniffed before. i can't smell any vanilla.

Fresh spritzed: Very sharp tea rose, it's really really rosy, and there's still that aura of the something soft, dusty-powdery, still suspecting that's sandalwood. I'm not getting any hay, and the vanilla orchid might be this background secondary kind of light note that I'm having a hard time pinning down.

After a few hours: this one has a moderate throw compared to some of the other rose HGs. It isn't hanging around as long as Onze, but it's not fading as fast as the white or golden rose ones did. The overall effect is a really bright fresh rose with softened edges, a little plush-powdery (not baby powder-y) to make if less sharp as it wears. The vanilla orchid never really steps up for me, nor does the hay. For me, I'm getting 75% tea rose, 20% sandalwood, and maybe 5% background tints of vanilla orchid with dubious existence of hay.

I was worried about that sandalwood, but it’s “pink” and going in my hair, not on my skin, so it works. I don’t actually get a lot of rose from this. Rather it makes me think “creamy pink orchid.”

Also worth noting: HG blends are weird on me depending on how I use them. Turns out Douze is one of those scents that are best in dry hair. If I apply to my ends as a finisher once my hair is dry, it lasts all friggin day. If I apply to damp hair? Poof, gone in a moment. So strange.

I am really getting a slightly pink rose but mainly creamy orchid from this over a bedrock of sandalwood. I was honestly expecting more roses from this, but its really an orchid/sandalwood blend. Low throw though.