Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Vibrating Motel Bed Hair Gloss

It’ll rattle your teeth more than it rattles your junk: fizzy champagne, orange blossom absolute, Italian bergamot, and dry vanilla.

I haven't done a full day's test on this yet, but the first sniff and spritz are lovely!

First in the bottle, it's the classic Black Phoenix champagne note that I love! There's a little something citrusy around the edges.

Tiny spritz: the champange is all fizzy and bubbly, but now there's this soft orange carried along with it, it's not powdery or overly floral like I'd expect from the orange blossom, I'm thinking maybe the bergamot and the orange blosssom blend together to create a new kind of soft, but not exactly floral, but not juicy orange scent, it's really nice! And right there, popping up to wave hi and then dance back into the background is this light, soft, very dry vanilla.

Have you ever had a dry vanilla soda? One of those sodas where they barely put any sweetener in it at all, and it's mostly like a scented seltzer water? It's a bit like that. It's not sweet, not foodie, not rich, creamy, or any of those things. Maybe it's closest too vanilla orchid, but that's probably the orange blossom lending to that, but it's lovely! It's vanilla, but if you're generally not a vanilla fan, this might be the one for you! I think this is absolutely gorgeous!

Upon first spray I immediately get the champagne note. It's light and beautiful and very fizzy. After it settles down a bit I can detect the orange blossom with a lemony hint and behind that the vanilla. After a few minutes it was mostly effervescent vanilla with just the slightest bit of orange. I could smell it really well all last night - I applied it to damp hair - but by this morning it's pretty much gone.

Husband's take on it was "orange 7up" for what that's worth.

I love it!

Oh man I adore this. It’s absolutely divine. I love the Lab’s champagne note which is so sweet and bubbly and one of my fave notes. The orange blossom Is gorgeous. The vanilla blends beautifully. This will be in heavy rotation in my hair gloss lineup and it will pair amazingly with Shade.

Soft, bubbly orange vanilla. ❤️❤️❤️

Quite lovely. This is an extremely crisp, candied citrus, perfect for late-spring through high-summer. It reminds me of sitting on the porch and drinking mimosas over brunch—the ruffle of breeze through orange blossom leaves and sun beating down on my legs feels very real with every inhale of this scent.

Although the previous reviews should have clued me off, I expected orange blossom, as the description says, and not orange fruit. However, as a fan of both the lab's champagne note and orange (fruit), this is a pleasant surprise. Love that fizz! The non- foody vanilla comes out with time. Guess what I smell 9 hours later when I wake up? Orange blossoms! Delightful! Good staying power.

Champagne, candied citrus, and a touch of vanilla. Sweet, fizzy, champagne. Nice and light. If you've been looking for a champagne HG, this one is it.

I got a small sample of this, and didn't know how many squirts to do with the small pump, so I overdid it. The fizzy Champagne note definitely dominates here, and so much that I had to wear a hat to bed. I still smell it the next day, and not really getting anything else, but for lack of a better word, gingerale. I can only take fizz in small doses, and this one needs to be used in moderation. For me anyways. I love orange blossom, but not getting any here.

Edited by milo

Up front it's all that fizzy champagne note from Bon Vivant (how does Beth do it?) but this has a citrus edge that just makes it brighter and more bubbly feeling, and a nice vanilla undertone.