Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Crushed grass, dandelion sap, green oakmoss, lettuce leaf, and white pepper.

Opening the bottle, greeted immediately with a splorty wet blade of grass, and definitely a little bit of that milkiness of dandelion sap. I love Beth's grassy scents, so I'm very excited that there's so much GREEN in the description.

Applied to the skin, it's definitely like wow, like more mushed crushed grass leaves, and as it continues to dry down, it gets rounder. I really like the Blade of Grass Halloweenie that appears on occasion, but that is more of a 'cold wet grass,' whereas as this sits on the skin, I can get a tiny prickle of heat, the vegetable note is more than just 'park grass,' I think it gets a bit more fullness from the addition of the lettuce. I kind of smells like when you chew on an unseasoned leaf of lettuce. Wet, cool, crisp. With more time, this doesn't evaporate as fast as Blade of Grass does on me. That's a very brief-lived, environmental scent. Tennis Match seems to have a bit more staying power, and a bit more 'dirtiness' (oakmoss?)

My verdict: slightly different, more wet/full-leafy Blade of Grass, without dried leaf note, and with a little spicy mossy base, but still reads forward as grassy.

The opening felt like lying down in the park with grass inches from your face. After about twenty minutes, I was left with a soapy oakmoss and a hint of white pepper, which stayed the same through the dry-down. Not a fan of that, but the opening zingy blast was really great. Reminded me of The Gap's Grass scent and I could smell each of the listed notes except for maybe dandelion sap (because I don't remember what that smells like).

the lab's bright grass and silky sap notes woven into a dapper oakmoss tweed. feels kinda old-timey, dashing, distinguished. if you've been craving earthy oakmoss brightened up with grass/sap notes or wanting the lab's grass-sap notes smudged and made slightly more serious with oakmoss, this is your baby right here! makes me think of an old-fashioned university-schooled naturalist dressed up in a suit, out and about recording field notes about blooms in a city park.

In the bottle: super green, grassy, and fresh! I expected all grass, all the time, but the lettuce note is also really noticeable. I agree with the reviewer above that it's reminiscent of the Gap's Grass perfume, but with more depth to it. It goes through a brief Irish Spring phase right after I apply it, but then the oakmoss and pepper come out to add some earthiness. After drydown, I mostly get oakmoss and grass, more earthy than fresh. I miss the initial fresh phase, but this is still a great warm-weather scent; highly recommended if green scents are your thing.

This one of the more tamer grassy scents, unlike Venus Murcia, which was an overload of freshly mown grass dipped in oakmoss.

It's inevitably green, but with a cleaner edge. The throw is medium, but very pleasant. I wish the white pepper asserted itself more.

This one is super green. It starts off strong on the grass and the realistic dandelion sap, with the lettuce joining in after a bit, softening the scent a bit and giving the green a more watery quality. Over time, the oakmoss gains prominence as it is wont to do on me, making it mostly an oakmoss forward scent backed by the other greens and a touch of white pepper.

I wish the dandelion sap would have remained as strong as it was when this was first applied! This is a nice green scent, but I'll be letting it go since I was hoping for more dandelion sap and wish it hadn't become so mossy on me. I'll stick with Smug Yale Alchemy Lab for a grass scent.

I was very very lucky to find supreme_c0rt's sale's page, and she hooked me up with Tennis Match (and now we're playing doubles, lol) because HOLYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT this is everything I was hoping it would be: juicy fresh grass, with plenty of oakmoss and bright, green dandelion sap. The white pepper plays around very quietly with the oakmoss to give this a real, uh, tennis match vibe, lol.  I know it's just my brain playing tricks on me, but I really get a bit of a leather vibe, like the leather wrap on an old wooden tennis racket. This is a wonderful scent-memory for me - late August afternoons playing tennis with my cousins on the old, well-loved court kept up at my great Aunt and Uncle's family reunions out near Mount Horeb, ON, which if you know Canada's rural areas, is very isolated and all but a ghost town now.

As it drys, it becomes more oakmoss and white pepper dominant, but that stage almost feels like watching the onset of evening from the lawn you've spent all day playing on. The scent moves from the bright afternoon sunlight to the cool moss toned beginnings of a summer night. I really enjoy this scent, from start to finish, and while I'm a little 💔 I missed out on a full bottle, I am so grateful to supreme_c0rt for giving me the chance to experience this scent in full! I will be desperately hunting for any amount of this scent from here on out!!!

Edited by Llanval