Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cherry-dipped rose candy.

I was super excited to try Un, and I was not disappointed in my blind bottle purchase! First off, don't fear the cherry note; there is nary a cherry cough drop scent to be smelled! It's actually a thick, jammy kind of cherry. The candy is not overt vanilla or cream candy, but perhaps a soft whiff of sugar underneath. That's the toughest note for me to discern. The rose is distinctly red, very lush, not quite as voluptuous as the notes in, say Peacock Queen or Rose Red but it's a little sister of the two because it is so well-tempered by the cherry and candy notes. Un is an awesome blend, one that literally made me close my eyes and sigh "oh my god" when I first sniffed it from the bottle. It reminds me a lot of the Lush scent Rose Jam, which I adore and is one of the only Lush products I still buy because the scent is just so signature and particular. But Un is close! The only down side is that I need a good slather; my typical here-and-there dabs only lasted through the morning then faded away, but a heavier application made it last longer. I am so, so happy I took a chance on a whole bottle here, because I might need more! Love!

Red jammy roses with a whiff of cherry. This is definitely a red rose with cherry elements. Lush, big, female. Good throw and wear length.

I have heard this compared to Lush's Rose Jam, so I am super excited to try it (though a bit confused, as I get no cherry in Rose Jam...)

Wet: Mmm, delicious! I do sort of get a Rose Jam vibe, but with the addition of cherry. It's a pretty amazing combo. I was just getting back into rose after going through a weird skin chem phase when Lupers came out, so I am scared for my wallet. So far this one is pretty tempting for a bottle...

Dry: I really am seeing why this was compared to Rose Jam - it's rather jammy! Once the cherry settles, it is no longer distinguishable as such, and mostly smells sweet and sticky. The rose is very candied. All in all, this is fabulous. If you have been looking for a BPAL close to Rose Jam (or just enjoy sweet jammy rose scents) don't pass up trying this! Pretty sure I will be getting a bottle, unless there are several more rose scents this year that are somehow better....

Definitely a dupe for Lush's Rose Jam. Super excited, as Rose Jam the body spray, goes weird on my skin.

As it dries, I would more describe it as a "red flavor" candy with rose.

As time goes on, I find the rose goes away while the cherry/red flavor candy turns into a pure candy/artificial sugar smell. Overall, I would say has decent longevity, I wish the rose stuck around longer.

In the decant: It smells like cherry and rose candy!

Wet: This is a jammy, candied cherry-dipped rose. It really does smell like a cherry-infused rose candy. The rose aspect seems to be growing stronger over time, though.

Dry: The jammy red rose is stronger now, but the cherry aspect hasn't dissipated. I can definitely see the comparisons to Lush's Rose Jam (but with the addition of cherry).

Verdict: I like this. I don't feel the need to grab a bottle (I have too many rose scents already... and I sold my bottle of Lush's Rose Jam perfume a few years ago), but I'll be hanging onto my decant.

Oh god is this good. I cannot put words to this scent because it is glorious... but I will try.

This is sugared rose perfection. Upon first application, it’s a cherry candy. It stays like this for about five to ten minutes and moves into a tempered, jammy rose... rose notes here are reminiscent of Rose Red and Peacock Queen, but they’re taken down a notch because of the touch of sweetness.

As it fades, it becomes a soft whisper of fresh cut rose. I’m left with almost a rose water scent by the end of it, as it becomes nothing but skin.

Beautiful.

You know, I'd have to say I don't get much similarity to Lush's Rose Jam. I mean yea its sweet rose, but this smells more like straight up rose & cherry hard candies on me. Still a winner though!

Disclaimer - No idea what Rose Jam smells like from Lush :lol:

Wet on Skin : CANDY! Crystal clear cherry hard candy. "100% natural fruit juice"

Drydown: Rose peaks out after the candy. Gives it a nice solid base. It's nice and robust, full wet rose.

This candy note is amazing. it's similar to me to the sweetness in Absurd Suggestive Card Game in the lightness, crispness, sugar-candy vibe that she's caught so well in some of these scents.

The rose is present but background. I've been proving I amp rose like a crazy person, so it's such a relief to see this candy-coating has properly subdued rose to get along with other scents.

I love rose, but rarely can I wear it because it gets to be too much. I'll do a full-day trial at work with this one to make sure it behaves over long term in heavier wear, but if it stays like this it'll be a bottle buy for me. Yay!

Full disclosure: I didn't try this on skin, my girlfriend wore it in a scent locket and it was honestly so straightforward I can't see this smelling differently on skin.

This is a very sweet and sour scent. The rose obviously has that sort of sweet and sour smell going on but in this it definitely leans a lot sweeter, like it's sugared. The cherry is nice but it's definitely not a realistic cherry. This is that goopy tart cherry lollipop smell. Very candy smelling. Good throw and wear length.

Sweet cherry candy that threatens to go waxy, but doesn't. I'm just getting a touch of rose. I quite like this, but probably don't need any more than an imp, it's very 'young' smelling, and I'ma not there anymore:)

Wet, Un has a super strong cherry/ almond candy vibe. I'm not a huge fan of that weird almond association I get with cherry sometimes but thankfully it doesn't last long! As it dries down the rose comes out, red and a little bit dry. I actually like this scent best once I've it had it on for about an hour or so, it kind of settles into this super nice rose candy scent- the image I get in my head is of a clear rose flavoured boiled sweet. I like it a lot but I wish the cherry stuck around longer. I do get the Rose Jam comparison but I actually don't find them that similar. I find Un a much darker, dryer rose while Rose Jam is fresher and lighter. Plus Rose Jam has that hint of lemon, which this definitely does not have! Still, if you like Rose Jam you'll probably enjoy Un as well.

Edited by h_yeti