Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

It’s not quite as fun when you lose the key. Pink cotton candy, candied rose, and vanilla sugar.

I was expecting super duper sweet with these notes but it is really more rose foreward. I don't smell any cotton candy but the sugared rose
paired with vanilla reminds me a lot of De Vos' Unicorn (which is one of my most favorite perfumes). There was a moment that it was a bit chemically, but that seems to have passed. Wish I got more of the sugary, cotton candyish notes from this but its not bad by any means. If you like De Vos' Unicorn then you will probably adore this.

Exactly like Rose Jam from Lush! If you love the soap, I'm begging you to try this oil!

For me, rose can often feel quite "granny-ish," but the sugary sweetness in Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs is keeping this scent quite girly and fun! It's jammy, gooey and quite foodie on my skin (not in a confectionary way, mind you, people who don't enjoy foodie scents will still adore this perfume). It's reminding me of a delicious rose-infused jar of golden honey as opposed to a big poofy cloud of spun sugar. I wish I could eat it...

In the bottle: When this first arrived, it was very intense on the rose. After a few days of settling, the rose note still dominates, but it isn't as strong as it was when it first arrived. At first I thought it was tea rose, but now it smells like sugared pink rose.

Wet: The pink rose note is the strongest note on my skin, but the cotton candy and vanilla notes are helping to tame it, and the pink rose becomes softer and more candied over time.

Dry: This is still a predominantly pink rose scent. I do get more of the cotton candy and vanilla sugar on my wrists than I do in the crooks of my elbows; the crooks of my elbows containing mostly pink rose. I prefer the scent on my wrists. I actually think The Best Lies is sweeter than this one, with its sugar-swept honey and rose.

After many hours of wear, the sugary notes become more prominent, but by that point, the scent stays really close to the skin.

Verdict: I like this, but I was hoping for more of the cotton candy and vanilla sugar than I ended up getting on my skin. I'm going to let this one age a little and revisit it and see how it goes. I already have so many sweet rose scents as it is, and if I were looking to add a bottle of another one to my collection, I think I'd choose The Best Lies over this one. But this is a nice, sugared pink rose scent... it's just not as sweet as I was hoping it would be.

Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs is intensely pink rose on my skin, with a vanilla cream hint. It reminds me a great deal of Rose Mallow Cream from Solstice Scents, if one took away the mallow.

I was also hoping for more cotton candy and vanilla sugar, but I'll see how it settles over more time.

Yes, wow, this is rose. A bit of a lemony, bright rose. I definitely see the Rose Jam LUSH comparisons. The vanilla is present as a touch of foody sweetness at the base of the scent but I am getting very little in the way of cotton candy. A bit sad.

I don’t get much cotton candy here, either, but I think I’m okay with that, given the way this turned out on my skin. It’s like if Hope and Katrina van Tassel joined hands and tied each other to the bed, you’d get Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs. It stays fairly close to the skin. (FWIW I got excited about the Lush Rose Jam comparison upthread, but I don't get that at all. This is definitely a girly sweet vanilla rose cream scent, not the more robust jammishness I get from RJ.)

Edited by Leopard403

LOTS of fluffy rosey cotton candy for me. Makes me think this could really be a super yummy thing to eat and now I must seek out someplace that might be making rose cotton candy because I would happily rot my teeth gorging on it. The rose is very UPFRONT and center, but here it's youthful without going powdery or soapy. It creates a delicious throw, i'm getting whiffs of rose and then so much fluffy cotton sweetness. My skin tends to amp sugar so that could be why the sugar notes are really standing out. This is INTOXICATING like a first crush, and the thrill of fuzzy fur wrapped around wrists and roses between teeth :heart:

Edited by Jenjin

Oh Lord No! It has a wonderful cotton candy note, but the rose is the kind that I am allergic too. I just had to take a hit of an inhaler. Off to the swaps this goes!

A lot of my favorite scents are vanilla-rose or candied-rose, so I was excited for this one, but I honestly don't smell anything like vanilla or cotton candy here. It's not as sweet as LUSH's Rose Jam is to me either. It's more of a fresh, fruity rose scent on my skin, like rosewater and citrus-y berries mixed into a red rose perfume.

There's a perfume brand that does a lot of sugared scents. This reminds me greatly of their Sugared Rose. I also don't smell vanilla or cotton candy.

I like it, but an imp will do me just fine.

It's so fluffy I'm gonna diiiiieeee!

This is just plain fun. Sweet sweet SWEET sugary rose and something that really does give off the impression of floofiness--I don't know how Beth does it! Maybe a light musk of some sort? Girlish and accessible--you could use this to enable your teenage sister into BPAL. There's something mainstream about it, not in an unpleasant way.

Do I need a bottle? I might! There have been several occasions where I wanted to smell PINK in great big capital pink foofy letters, and I don't have anything else quite like this.

Yes. This is just what I wanted. It is very rosy but then I enjoy a couple of single-rose scents, including The Rose.

I imagine the sugar could be mistaken for soap, but on me it's more like rose scented marshmallows, soft and fluffy.

This scent isn't super strong on me because I don't amp rose, but it lasts overnight.

In the bottle it's very rosy and wet I get the Lush "Rose Jam" comparison. Haven't gotten any cotton candy sweetness from it at any point and it stays very close to the skin on me. It's a little soapy, though not in a necessarily bad way. I'm happy with just an imp of it and we'll see if it grows on me or not.

This is great! A cotton candy scent for grownups! The vanilla-rose base gives it depth and sophistication. I got a hint of sour on first application, but it faded quickly. I'm not sure what that was. The cotton candy also fades fairly quickly on me, although I enjoy that phase, and I'm left with a longer-lasting base of vanilla rose that is very wearable and not too, too sweet.

the Rose Jam comparison is apt, though Rose Jam has a lemon twist that this doesn't. It's pretty straightforward - velvety rose, vanilla, cotton candy puff. it goes through phases where one note will float to the surface, then another. there's also a very brief phase where i get whiffs of burnt hair/hairspray - that's mild and it doesn't last, so it's not a dealbreaker. throw and wear time is excellent. got several compliments on this one - it's great for wearing in public places where you don't want to wear 'risky'/difficult BPAL scents. it would be great for converting someone who usually uses commercial fragrances, too.

Wet: I get lots of cotton candy on wet. The rose is the variety that tricks my nose into thinking there is lemon involved. As it dries, the cotton candy fades into more of a powdered sugar type note, and this reminds me somewhat of Hope, only with that lemony thing happening. I don't get any vanilla, and I don't find it similar to Rose Jam - Un was much more similar, to my nose. We shall see how this dries.

Dry: This dries to smell very much like Hope on me, with more sugar and less rose, and just a hint of vanilla. It's really great, but I can't see needing it when I already have Hope.

Remember a million years ago when victorias secret sold candle wax warmers with a strawberry rose scent? The same one that wafted through the stores? Very much like this! It Is a lemony rose and sugar, and somewhere a strawberry scent arises out of the middle. Very playful and also short lived. In the end it is just a whiff of rose alone. Very girly, and fun, but not a long term coveted scent for me.

This is very much like OG Hope—sugared roses. Roses are front and center. Let me reiterate: this is a rose forward scent. Anyone hoping for the cotton candy will probably find that it’s only a supporting note to the “sugared rose” (adding sugar to the rose, but not by much). If you’re looking for a contemporary, playful rose scent, this should be it.

I was really hoping for a sweet candy rose. In the imp it seems like MAYBE. But like the comment just before me - this is entirely 100% Hope for me. I think I amp rose? Or maybe this is just what rose does. But it's Rose-forward, slightly sweet, but still very beautiful. It's a tad sweeter than Hope, but barely noticable.

If you love Hope but hate Faith, this is your chance to just stock up on the one :tongue:

worth noting - Long term drydown has THE MOST beautiful vanilla remnant on skin. If someone out there always has rose fade, it might be worth it for the vanilla after-glow.

Edited by Aveya

This was a fun smelling one. Very rose heavy but definitely a sweet pink rose. Sweet candied petals. It does have that slight sour note to it like most rose scents but it's a lot more relaxed in this blend. The vanilla sugar adds a nice base to this. It's definitely a sugary vanilla, not really a creamy vanilla. It's not strong in the throw at first but becomes stronger on dry down. The one note I don't really get that strongly in this is anything that smells like cotton candy. It might just be hard to discern over the other sugary notes. Medium throw and wear length.

Decant, 1ml, tested on my wrist, one month after it arrived.

Wet

Once applied, I mainly get a pink rose.

BUT this is not overly sweet or girly on my skin.

The cotton candy en vanilla are more subtle  and more in the background.

In the first 10min, all notes fly by individually.

Dry

I can relate why others think this is comparable with Lush's Rose Jam. But I think that they differ. When I put them side to side, they seem related like siblings, but they are not smelling similarly.

Also, these handcuffs have somthing "fuzzy"; there is something that feels unbalanced when it's on my skin (in a good, light way):

.... image: maybe a pixie that annoyed you in the last days, who is flying again and again against a lightsource, while you watch this from your couch, without feeling anything for this happening nearby...

After 10min

Once it warms up, it's warmer with more, but still not "sweet", cotton candy and warm vanilla. Also, on my skin this is now more balanced now - and it remains a sugared rose for the entire wearing time. The smell is not strong and it vanishes a bit.

Conclusions

You can easily wear this at work, because people probably wont even notice it.

I would have loved to have a bath in this or spray my hair with ithis scent (BPTP, if you read this, please go ahead!!!).

Edit: In 2020... I absolutely adore this and wish I had more. There is nothing unbalanced anymore now, and it also doesn't smell like Rose Jam to me, which is a good thing. Lovely subtle rose with a topping of sugar dust. Lovely lovely lovely...and the pixie is still alive and hitting the light bulb. ;)

Edited by zazkea
2020 thoughts

Definitely reminiscent of Rose Jam! Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs is one fun scent: sweet pink rose and vanilla, with a decided candy finish. Even with the slight cotton candy edge, I find it very wearable, not too sweet. So glad I picked this up.

Candied roses, but not cotton candy. I've yet to find the lab to do an absolute authentic cotton candy scent. That being said, I do like this blend, it reminds me of Un, but not Rose Jam, that one is more sweeter to me.