Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
forspecial_plate

Woman Dragging Her Aroused Lover Across a Bridge

Sweet amber and rosewood, wet oak beams, smoky vanilla husk, ambrette seed, and hinoki wood.

I'm in heaven....this is (so far) simply a lovely rosewood amber with a slight bit of complex backdrop of the other notes. In the first few seconds it smells very much like baby-oil but that is very short. After that it just kind of smolders sweetly on my skin for hours. I'm not getting a lot of wood which is surprising. Nothing more to say, this just works for me!

Ufff this is so nice. I'm getting all the sweet, smoky vanilla woods mixing around with the amber and musky ambrette. It reminds me a bit of rich, expensive milled soap but not in a bad way. After the drydown, it has alot of the deepness that is oh so good about Mabel, maybe it is the same amber in this one. Something about this smells like a sacred place, dark den and secret with golden smoke and shining wood surfaces. It just smells luxurious and oh, so sultry. Take me now~

Editing to mention how much I adore the name for this one. Everytime I think of it I get a visual picture :P

Edited by Jenjin

Jenjin is dead-on. Unfortunately, it's too sweet for me, at least for wearing as perfume. I think it would be good as soap, though.

I read an impression in one of the Facebook groups that this is similar to A King Pursued by a Unicorn, yet different. I love King Pursued, so I was excited to pick this up.

And it is very similar; the oak and amber sing and I love both of those notes so much. As this dried, I was able to tease out more and more differences, however. I think most people would classify King Pursued as masculine because of the strong pine note. Woman Dragging is the feminine version. I know rosewood is not the same thing as rose, but this ends up being a very powdery, perfumey, rose-like scent on my skin. As someone who does not like rose, I'm glad I got to try this but still prefer my bottle of King Pursued :wink:

In the imp: rich sweet woods.

Wet: the amber and vanilla come out and blend so well with the woods. I get the sweet almost floral tone of rosewood distinctly.

Dry: Similar to wet, but with a little more of the musky ambrette seed coming out. The vanilla is a dry one, absolutely beautiful with the woods. Fantastic and may need an upgrade to a bottle!

This could and should have been so full of win but unfortunately something in it amps "sharp" on me, perhaps the rosewood. Aside from that it is a truly lovely blend, all woods and amber and a touch of vanilla with great sillage and lasting power.

Wet: This is gorgeous. Sweet amber, sweet light woods, and something that almost sparkles. It's gorgeous. I already want a bottle. It reminds me a wee bit of Haloes, with the oak and vanilla combo. It's perfumey (in an amazing way) I think from the amber, which also gives it some of that "traditional perfume but WAY better feel" that I also love. Like, a unique but also traditional perfume, if that makes any sense at all. It's so SO pretty.

Dry: I really love this - the only thing holding me back from getting a bottle is that the rosewood (which is actually usually terrible on me, but isn't here) wants to go just a touch soapy - not so much nose to skin, but for sure in the waft I get hints of soap. Other than that, it's a gorgeous perfumey amber scent with hints of a clean vanilla and light sweet woods. Beautiful. I so adore amber scents. I will try this one again to see if it just needs more settling to avoid going soapy.

Rosewood, amber, and vanilla. This is a sophisticated slightly rosy wood blend. Smoky, woody, perfumey. Good throw and wear length.

Smoky wood and amber with vanilla. The ambrette seed comes through very distinctly. If you're seeking a St. Clare dupe, this is very, very close, though I prefer St. Clare's sweetness. A really beautiful scent.

Woman Dragging Her Aroused Lover Across a Bridge is rosewood-heavy on me, with oak, ambrette, and hinoki trailing. The amber and smoky vanilla husk sort of flow in around everything else, making this well-blended and without visible seams. It's a very light and sultry wood blend, and it's genuinely surprising how soft and suggestive this is given the notes. On the drydown, it goes a bit caramel, like whipped caramel woods with a hint of something herbal. Really nice.

this starts off with rosewood and vanilla. it's a bit powdery, yet something in this does definitely smell 'wet' like the wet oak beams. amazing how beth does that! i get more woods as time goes on and more smokiness as well. the rosewood begins to go a bit sour on me, which it can do sometimes...it ends up being sour rosewood and baby powder. too bad, because in the beginning, this one seemed promising.

Unique and lovely! Rosewood is the dominant note, sweetened and warmed by amber and vanilla. I'm not picking up a lot of woodsiness from the oak or hinoki wood, but it's there. Very pretty.

Rosewood, vanilla husk, & hinoki are the first impression notes for this blend on me. Slowly the wet oak comes out with the ambrette adding musk, & amber warming it up some. Gentle, embracing. Love it.

This starts off with the oak being the most prominent to my nose, lightly sweetened with vanilla. Then it all becomes a swirl of musky woods, but the amber and rosewood end up being the strongest notes to my nose by the end of the day, along with the ambrette seed. I'm not familiar enough with hinoki to be able to isolate it, though, so I can't say how prominent it is.

I think this is nice, but I wish I got more vanilla along with the woods.

Powder.

That may be the amber or rosewood, but I'm thinking the rosewood.  It's a very dry rose, with just a bit of smokiness to it and a tiny bit of vanilla.