Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tziporra

Vivid Enjoyment of the Memory of Rupture

Rice milk, white ginger, oakmoss, ti leaf, and cardamom pod.

My label says vivid enjoyment of the memory of rapture which is a different thing entirely and slightly disappointing considering the art. But no matter, on to the scent. This is very chai tea on my skin, heavy on the green juicy ginger and cardamom. But it doesnt feel terribly edible to me. More like this is a morning shower scented by someone inspired by their ginger heavy chai tea with rice milk. Its incredibly bright and energizing but there are no citrus notes so doesnt do that bitter pithy thing that bright energizing scents usually do on my skin.

Back in the day I had a ginger-heavy tea scented body spray that I loved, and this is definitely the closest Ive come to matching it. Delighted to have a bottle. Edited by tziporra

In the Bottle:

Sparkly ginger, ti leaf and a touch of cardamom adding it's unique twist

On the Skin:

Wow. Interesting. Smells like gingery date pudding to start with. This is the first BPAL rice milk blend I have tried and I am loving the subtle creaminess.

On the Drydown:

Continues the date pudding theme for a while then turns very dry ginger/cardamom with the rice milk taming with the creaminess and the oakmoss adding a dirtiness. The previous reviewer says this is energising and it absolutely is. Zingy

Edited by galahad

Has a funk to it, wet and in the bottle, a very odd powder-something, and smells prominently green tea-ish. As it dries, I think this is what matcha green tea powder smells like, and that funkiness is fading. Dry, it's straight up, slightly sweet (maybe from the rice milk element?), heady green tea, tannic and powerful (though not overpowering). It's not what I'd expected or hoped for, but I LOVE strong, realistic tea notes in perfume, so this is definitely a keeper!

Wet: Spicy green ginger ale with a bit of earthiness.

Dry-down: Prominent honeyed ginger and cardamom. Then, a creamy ti leaf comes out and alternates with a spicy moss. At the end, it becomes almost a rose-y ginger.

I love ginger and I like that this one starts off earthy and becomes cleaner as time goes on. It's understated and unisex and just gets better and better on my skin over time. Oh yeah, my bottle also says "Rapture" instead of "Rupture". I like the latter better.

ETA: The rose at the end might have been One Perfect Day. I realized it when I took off my shirt and the shirt sleeve still had One Perfect Day on it from 2 days ago.

Edited by RedPersimmon

In the imp: bright, zingy, juicy green

Wet: now distinctly ginger, fresh ginger not baked goods.Still a healthy amount of green underneath. Something steamy about this.

Dry: Still lots of bright fresh ginger and greens. Underneath I get a bit of creaminess and a little bit of sweet cardamom. Lovely and energizing.

Wet: Ginger - but a totally different ginger than any of the ginger notes I have smelled from the Lab before. Neat! It's really different. Sweet, spicy, but also green and fresh. This is quite lovely. It reminds me of something. No clue what. So that's super unhelpful... A bit of tea comes through. Can't detect anything of the rice milk, I don't think. Though some of the sweetness maybe stems from it. I can't really pick out the cardamom or oakmoss either, it's mainly this really neat grassy ginger note. Totally digging it.

Dry: This is so light and faint. I wish it were stronger, because it's lovely. It's a sweet, fresh, grassy, almost watery sort of ginger. It's really neat. I may try it again another day and see if I get more throw out of it, because it's really unique and I like it a lot, but can't see wearing it if I can hardly smell it.

Rice milk, cardamom, ginger. This reminded me a little to Dana O'Shea but with cardamom and ginger instead of almond and honey. It was like an Asian version, and slightly spicier because of the ginger. Comforting, milky, skin soft. Medium throw and wear length.

at first i get a strong cardamom with ti leaf and rice milk. it's foody, but not in the typical way at all. the cardamom (i think) smells almost caramel-y. then the ginger comes through and the ti leaf gets stronger. it's a cool spicy scent, unlike other bpal's i've tried. i really love it after it's been on the skin for about 10 minutes, and the caramel-y thing dies down and the ti leaf becomes more prominent. it kind of smells like a mildly smoky green tea in a way. so lovely.

Rupture/(rapture?) manages to be invigorating and comforting at the same time. Wet, the ginger delivers a fresh bite :vamp: ,

much like the crisp sting of a really good ginger beer (which I adore!) Drying down, I get some creaminess from the rice milk to

accompany the cardamom and smooth it out. Later, there's some texture from the oakmoss and green from the ti leaf, for the

opening notes to cling to and soften beautifully into a lingering skin scent. While I could see myself wearing this in any season,

it's one of the rare blends I'll still make grabby hands for when the days get hot & muggy.

There's a similar cozy vibe here to Pumpkin Spice Enbalming Fluid (which reminds me of a green tea concoction I make

when I'm feeling icky), but Vivid Enjoyment is paler and brighter while still managing to be both sweet and sharp without the

honey and lemon I'd add to my mug. Plus that zing-zi-zinziber opening steals the show! :luv2:

Tried a decant for love of ginger and curiosity about the rice milk note-- satisfied on both counts. :D

Definitely going on the full bottle list!

Immediately on application I was reminded of a local bubble tea shop I frequent. A mix of leaves and spices with a touch of a milky note.

The ti leaf and oakmoss combine to create a very lovely leafy smell that smells slightly earthy, fresh but not too green. The rice milk adds a touch of a light milky and slightly starchy note. The white ginger is lovely and as a plus, not at all skin irritating. I usually have sensitivity issues with spices like ginger, but this ginger doesn't hurt me at all. It definitely has that gingery smell but it's much less intense. The cardamom in this is gorgeous. It's not overly sweet and honestly isn't making me think of masala chai or anything. It definitely smells unground, still in the pod, slightly earthy, spicy, even a little woodsy. Medium throw and wear length.

WET: I get an odd licorice smell. There's creaminess behind it - this may be the cardamom mixed with the rice milk?

DRY: it's less licorice and more. . . . I'm not sure, amber like? Whatever was striking me as licorice is softer now. I never quite get cardamom spice, though, or floral ginger. I like this dry version - the creaminess is nice.

Kind of spicy, kind of fruity, a bit creamy. I do get the licorice comparison, but I think its' just the combination of spices making it that was. Kind of a less anise Paduan Killer Swarm. This one is quite 'blah' on me, but I remember enjoying it yesterday, so maybe it's a skin chemistry issue.

Sorting my decants execution style, I was sure due to my memory of how VEMR played out on my skin, it would've flown to the freebie bag vs keeper. Wrong. Its aged very well. Ti leaf has become the dominant note, with smooth creamy and earthy notes supporting it. I recommend everyone try this one again!

I’ve tested this twice now and still don’t feel like I have a handle on it. It morphs a great deal on me. At first it’s sharp, almost acrid. I think this must be the ginger and ti leaf responding badly to my skin. This phase is not particularly pleasant. Later it’sa creamy rice milk skin scent with only a hint of spiced tea. I never get anise (a shame, I love anise), and I didn’t manage to track the transition between the two  phases. It was one thing, then it was another.

My bottle says Vivid Enjoyment of the Memory of Rapture. The BPAL website and this very thread says Rupture. Rupture is definitely the most fun. You choose.

Okay, but this is such big Thai Sweet Tea mood that I honestly thought I had already reviewed it. It's just Thai Sweet Tea in a perfume bottle. All the flavors and smells of that delicious beverage, blended into one perfume and offered for your application pleasure. Ginger, cardamom, and rice milk are so accounted for, along with sugar, anise, clove, and some unlisted spices that are probably rendering this extra delicious.

So ti leaf does not equal tea, but this is definitely Thai tea, let's not kid ourselves. There is no curdly cream or milk note, so don't be fearful of that, but it's such a great sweet Thai tea swirled with ice cubes and something a little creamy (oakmoss?) that I just want to drink it all down through my skin. 

I felt the need to alert the general universe of this moment. If you have ever been to a Thai restaurant and imbibed this beverage, you know of what I speak. You know what you are getting here. It's magical. You need it.

I was very excited for this in the bottle, and it got even more magical upon hitting my skin and settling in. It's very fresh young ginger and green cardamom pods forward on my skin, backed by a soft creamy tea sort of note. I definitely see then comparison to Thai Tea, but the focus is very much on the two spices for me, so that's not quite where the balance lies.

I absolutely adore this and am so glad I got the chance to pick it up from a lovely forumite!