Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Twilight Grooming Scene

A vibrant green chypre with orange blossom, pine needles, and violet leaf.

Oh, my.

This is 'sweet green' wet to my nose, and goes on with a jade-green smoothness, like a bunch of mosses, kissed with orange blossom. It's even a little cooling on the skin. Then, sitting present on the skin, pine needles emerge! It's a touch of fir. Dangerously close to a Yule moment for a bit, but instead of going full christmas tree mode, the pine needles remain present, under the glowy haze of orange blossom. I don't get any violet petals (it's all just violet leaf, I take it), which keeps this more 'noonday mountain fir' as opposed to 'Santa's Here!'

Pretty gender neutral although I take it the pine does make it a bit more masculine. Straddles the line as the chypre and pine move it more 'masculine' but the orange blossom still flirts about to blur the strength of the green.

This is ABSOLUTELY one to let settle before you really evaluate it. Fresh out of the package from the lab, it was weird, powdery, boring-floral with an odd bitterness. After settling for a week or two it's blossomed into a sweet-green with a floral backdrop. I was hoping for more fir in this one (fir is one of my favorite BPAL notes) and it doesn't have the throw / staying power I was hoping for, but it's still quite lovely, and definitely worth a look if those notes intrigue you!

Fresh, powdery green chypre. The powderiness for me is the violet note coming out. This is actually very gender neutral and depending on the chemistry, this could be smashing on a guy that isn't afraid of a floral note in their cologne. Average throw, good wear length.

Orange blossom loves me, and it ends up being the richest creamiest amazing smell on me. I find that the violet here does keep it more soapy, but this is a lovely, fresh orange blossom blend, and I'll enjoy the rest of the decant.

This is so elegant and lovely! 

It's' so chic and luxe.... like wandering through the Bellagio lobby and garden topiary displays.

The orange blossom is tempered by the violet leaf, and seems almost aquatic, but not exactly, just, lush. 
The pine needles are there, but gently, and not at all in a pine tree way. Just an awareness there are trees outside or the tatami mats beneath you. 

This is high end, airy, chic, indoor -outdoor elegance. Yum.

This one has aged so gorgeously. Revisited this one after a long while.  In the bottle: Getting really lovely orange oil and green leafy/chypre notes, emphasis on the orange, almost like orange oil and orange tree leaves crushed together. On, wet: Rushes into an almost spa-type thing; getting a very clean resin of sorts in the background, with slightly more complex florals in it. Drydown: I'm left with a lovely faint floral (the violet note?) with a hint of orange oil lingering in the background.

Edited by Threemoons