Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
soniahgreen

Snow Scene with Cherry Blossoms Beside the Phallus Statue

Cherry blossoms cascading onto a snowdrift, white wisteria buds, and ume petals.

In the bottle: Pine and cherry blossoms
Wet: A blast of minty pine sweetened by cherry blossoms
Dry: As it dries, it becomes sweeter and creamier, the pine goes away. I don't get any wisteria, and I think the ume petals are adding to the sweetness. It eventually dries to a sweet, slightly vanilla cherry blossom scent.

This scent seems to have a lot going on, but it dries to such a lovely scent. If you like Bpal's cherry blossom note you should give this a try. And if you're like me and don't like the Snow White snow note, this is the minty, piney snow note.

This is like a less piney version of Snow Bunny with a decidedly asian floral bent. That being said I agree with the above, the wisteria is subtle. I would say, most of the wisteria this 2018 Lupercalia season has been very subtle! I do like the piney snow note, and this is kissed with a little plum-fruit / blossom and is snow fused with the cherry blossom note. Over a bit of time, the cherry blossom 'fleshiness' becomes a bit more apparent. I think there's a tiny bit of the sour-ish wisteria peeking around but it's quiet and mostly covered up by the snow accord.

Gonna have to give this one a few wears.

It's a very cool scent. It starts out with pine and maybe a little mint giving that cool sensation and cherry blossoms. The mint/pine almost disappears after it dries down. It's now mostly cherry blossom/floral scent that I'm guessing is the plum blossoms and wisteria. I have a half bottle, and I think that will be enough for me. If you love cherry blossoms and the initial pine/mint smell, then you will probably love this. I think it's more floral than anything, but I really enjoyed the initial burst of pine and coolness.

Cherry... something, maybe candy? fruit punch? and menthol in the bottle. Goes on as a menthol-heavy snow note with a sweet edge, but the sweetness fades as it dries, and it becomes just a piney menthol. It's a nice menthol, not too harsh, with juniper overtones and maybe with a bit of the wisteria smoothing it out. No other cherry or flower notes, though.

Cherry blossoms, piney snow, and a whiff of wisteria. This is a delicate snowy cherry blossom on my skin. Low throw, medium wear length. Very Asian cherry blossom.

It's been a while since I did reviews and I'm a little worried that my sniffer is broken but here goes!

Straight on, before putting my nose close to it, I get a very strong scent of bubblegum? Up close the bubblegum fades a bit and I get a floral pine. The pine and bubblegum do fade with time and it becomes more and more of a sweet floral.

In the decant: The sweet pine-y snow note of Snow Bunny, The First Soft Snow, and NYC Snowball Fight with some blossoms (the wisteria being the most noticeable to me).

Wet: The sweet, pine-filled snow note reigns. The snow note is pretty strong. Beneath it, I can smell some of the cherry blossom and wisteria, but they're buried pretty heavily under the snow.

Dry: Eventually, the pine-y snowdrift begins to melt. It becomes more floral during this stage, although the cherry part of the cherry blossom isn't as strong anymore. I get more of the wisteria during this stage (but not a lot of it – it is not a main player in this one) and what I think must be the ume petals. The sugary, pine-y snow is still the most prominent part of the scent, though.

Verdict: This is nice, but I already have a few scents featuring this snow note, so I don't need more of this one.

The 2017 Yule snow note(s) feature(s) very heavily here. It takes about 45 minutes for me to smell anything other than snow, and then it is an exceptionally subtle floral undertone. This is nice, but I went crazy with the Yules and don’t need another snowy bottle :).

bubblegum???

pure, straight bubblegum. a little bit of generic floral on the back end. i actually like it but it's not at all what i was expecting and it looks like im the only one who gets bubblegum from it.

ITI: It’s sweet and crisp, definitely reminiscent of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s other delicious Snowball Yule scents and snow notes. There’s almost a faint bubblegum undertone, which develops into the salty umami of ume. A hint of soft floral adds to the ephemeral cool and serene nature of this scent.

Wet: Hmm, there’s that bubblegum now, but that starts to melt into snow and pine while the ume unfolds underneath. There is a gentle softness surrounding the core of these notes that is absolutely lovely.

Dry: I keep having to reapply it since the scent vanishes from my skin before I can get back home. Finally, after 5 hours, I’m home and there’s enough left on my skin to review. I get a very subtle snow-like creaminess and the faintest hint of soft, delicate floral musk. It’s really lovely, but I do wish this had more staying power.

Honestly this one smelled kind of Christmassy on me. The snow note in this has a sort of aquatic with menthol and pine smell going on. It's honestly not bad but it definitely makes this smell wintery. It's definitely a strong part of the throw. I also get a lot of fruit in the throw, the ume petals smell more like a straight plum to me. Not at all floral, a tart fruit. The wisteria and cherry blossom are lighter than the other notes but definitely present, adding a purple and pink sweet floral blend to this. Medium throw and wear length. This honestly wasn't a bad one but very much not for me, I was hoping this would have the Snow White snow note.

I just loved this scent when I first put it on. all light, bright, crisp, but full. It wasn't until I read the notes that I realized it was pine and "snow" that made it feel so chill, in a good way.

This is a happy, easy, scent. The best part of snow. With the usual Luper musky sexy feel on drydown. I've avoided pine scents because I'm fearful of pinesol. But this is really lovely to me. Subtle to me. Full disclosure I THINK this is my first "snow" scent. Which I find hugely surprisingly.

Verdict; Frostbitten floral-pine musk.

Edited by Aveya

In the vial: Gentle cherry blossoms, with a slight creamy note. Almost candy sweet. Pretty, but not as elegant as I hoped.

Wet on Skin: Wisteria barely comes out. This is almost fruity. Right now, the cherry blossom is delicate, not overpowering.

Dry 30+ mins: Still fairly fruity. It's beginning to smell like "cherry blossom" lotion. Fairly strong on my skin.

Worn 3+ hours: The wisteria and ume/plum blossom florals keep this scent from getting candy sweet. This is very youthful and pretty. Very fairy like.

This is stunning. It is all pine and mint in the bottle, but after application, it blossoms into a sweet, sugary floral. I'm getting warm cherry blossoms and ume, and I just adore this. A perfect spring scent. 

I love cherry blossom and love seasonal juxtapositions so knew I had to try this.

It's gorgeous! I'm so glad I was able to find a bottle. Upon first applying it, I get a lot of the lab's piney snow note. Unlike other fragrances that have the piney snow note, the pine doesn't completely overwhelm the other notes or the snow on me. It smells wintergreen and pine with a cold, snow note that keeps this fragrance a bit chilly. Beneath all the snow, however, there is a surprise: cherry blossoms! As the life of this fragrance wears on, winter turns more into spring. The snow melts (yet never completely disappears), and the cherry blossoms and ume blossoms come out to play.

This is a beautiful, delicate, ethereal floral atmospheric. I wish the lab did more seasonal juxtapositions like this because I would buy them all. Cherry blossoms and snow is definitely a winning combination.