Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VultureGirl

Mirror of Famous Generals of Japan

Leather, black pepper, cassis, khus, and black amber.

My first review! And the first review of this scent! Im truly honored.

The leather comes through first, then dies back a little while still acting as backdrop. Its an older kind of leather, well worn - it reminds me of baseball gloves or saddles. The amber fills that feeling out, as well as what I think is the khus (which is apparently vetiver? But a different part of the plant?); it rounds the leather note out and puts me in mind of more masculine cologne, though it stops short of being too in your face manly. At the very end I get something peppery and slightly acidic - the latter of which I think is the cassis.

Its got a subtle throw on my skin that oscillates between being close and unobtrusive but when I turn it suddenly makes itself very apparent. I feel very mature wearing it as well, though its a kind of mature that starts in a blazer and ends in a leather corset, if you catch my meaning.

To think I only ordered a decant of this because the bottle was going to be cancelled without another person signing on for this one.

This is the closest thing I've ever smelled to Loviatar (RIP), though it is more subtle and stays a lot closer to the skin than Loviatar did.

The leather asserts itself first, then blends into this earthy, husky, filthy (but in a very disciplined way, if you know what I mean) base.

I've only had it on for 15 minutes and I keep huffing my wrists, being reminded of things I'm not going to write about on the internet, and thinking "don't fade, don't fade!"

This will be a bottle purchase unless something really weird happens between it and my skin in the next few hours.

Black leather, khus, and amber. This one is a husky smooth black leather. It's less in your face than alot of black leathers. Much more wearable. Medium throw and wear length.

this is surprisingly subtle-i get cassis and khus at first. after about 5 minutes i get some amber, with no leather to speak of. 20 minutes in i get a hint of leather. this scent is nice but it's *so* subtle, i can hardly smell it at all. i believe it's mostly khus and pepper on me during the drydown.

Barely there amber and leather with a ghost of pepper.  It's unobtrusive to the point you could miss it entirely.  Not a far throw: more like something you'd smell cuddled up real close to someone. I need a boy to put this on.  For science.

This is super light, lighter than I expected somehow. In the bottle this is all about the blackcurrant. Light, sweet, fruity, not quite as fizzy as it can be in other scents.

Freshly applied, the leather comes out slightly, but it's somehow a fruity leather. The blackcurrant vibes so well with leather. I don't get any khus (if that is in fact vetiver) at all, which usually i can detect cause it's p strong. 

The leather stays into the dry down, then gradually burns off and becomes this absolutely gorgeous well blended fruity femme scent. Definitely a spring scent here. It's very reminiscent of the initial in the bottle scent with a little more depth, like maybe the amber and/or pepper or khus are under there giving the blackcurrant something to stick to without making themselves too obvious. Black pepper i don't usually detect much of, but black amber usually goes very powdery on me. This doesn't happen here. Mirror stays very much the same on me several hours into the drydown, then gradually turns a bit powdier/soapy as it's fading. 

Not much of a morpher except for the loss of that lovely leather addition. Both phases are nice in their own way, tho i def would have to carry around a little stash of this for reapps to keep the leather going if i wore this out.