Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Salt-splashed silk, spiced cedar, hinoki wood, sea musk, a strand of kelp and a squeeze of lime.

It starts out just as you are dreading it will, corn chips and dryer sheets. And its the DRYERSHEETS shrieky type scent that some aquatics are just determined to morph into.

And then an hour later its all delightful warm salt soaked dried silk and you wonder why you were ever worried about the thing.

My friend asked when I ordered it what silk smelled like and I said, I dont know except that it smells like silk. Which this does. Exactly and evocatively. I love it, and its even worth the pain of corn chips and dryer sheets to get there.

When wet it is laundry washed in seawater, a saltier version of dryer sheets, but on me it morphs quite quickly into a fresh men's cologne scent. After half an hour or so it turns into beautiful soft sun-bleached woods with just a touch of the ocean. It only hangs around for a couple of hours but is somehow very comforting, and not particularly masculine. If a partner of mine was wearing this I'd just need to snuggle as close as possible to them.

Silk, wood and a dash of aquatics. This one has great throw. It's a very fabric + wood blend, and its a sophisticated neutral. Great throw and good wear length.

Starts off as heady laundry detergent and you worry if it’s going to be generic ozonic/aquatic men’s cologne, but this only lasts about 10 minutes.

It’s very pretty after the initial rush and morphs into a skin scent on me. It smells sweet, steamy and salty. I primarily get a soft woodsiness, gentle musk and silk.

Like others have mentioned, I’m not really sure how BPAL has achieved the scent of “silk,” but to me it's like a vaguely vanillic musk with what almost smells like benzoin? It reminds me a bit of the cashmere in Autumn Overlooked My Knitting. The saltiness keeps it from becoming too passive, but overall it’s still a gentle blend.

Grab this if you’re a fan of sweeter, less screechy aquatics. Feels refined yet gallant and cuddly. Great scent for a pirate. If you loved the “steamed silk” effect in Impressions of the Floating World, this is definitely in the same family; it just switches out the honey for sea spray.

Edited by Balame

Salty, but I'm salivating over the hinoki wood, & kelp. I can barely smell spice & a touch of lime, but mostly I smell SALT. It's sexy & manly.

Musky salty wood, delicious, and smooth silkiness. That squeeze of lime throws me off a bit. Maybe because I thought, “cucumber?” before I knew what note was doing the thing. It slips away quickly, yet I’m sad to say, so does the salt! 
Then what I have left is a skin-close woods and musk, slightly green. 
If the salt had stuck around, I’d be hunting for a bottle! As is, there are other musky woods I enjoy more, with greater throw.