Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hroki97

Caressing the Wild Rabbit

White tea, honeycomb, vanilla orchid, and a drop of soft sandalwood.

I was not fortunate enough to try the Vanilla Orchid Single Note, but from reading the reviews, I can tell it's the vanilla orchid that dominates this scent while wet. It's heady and fragrant with a touch of green: perfect for balmy spring evenings.

The dominance of the orchid eventually settles down into something much creamier due to the chewy, waxy honeycomb. While I never get any woodsiness from the sandalwood, it's creaminess plus the soft vanilla are now able to shine through all of the floral power and stop it from it's soapy tendencies. :wub3: I think this is what most people wanted Vanilla Orchid SN to be.

Creamy (have I said that enough?) comforting, and evocative of twilight walks around my late spring garden. I'm wrapped in a sweater warmed by my body heat and enjoying the return of the spring. I adore it!

Fresh from the mail, rested a few hours:

Bottle: it's hard to smell in the bottle, but I'm getting white tea.

Skin wet: white tea and vanilla orchid, the sandalwood is keeping this from going in-yo-face floral on me. Sweetness...is that you, honeycomb?

Dry: Ooh...I like you. If I put my nose right on the skin, I get the sharp floral of the vanilla orchid but the throw on this is reasonably low and at a distance I'm getting a really mellow, sophisticated scent. It goes a little sharp though when I get in close. I like mild tea scents, and this white tea is delicate and not too strong.

Verdict: Winner, winner chicken dinner, but no backups needed.

Very lovely, slightly green on application, as if Lady of shallot ran into Womb furie. I really really like it through all the stages. Final drydown is vague creamy snake oil and stays that way for several hours.

Wild Rabbit has a dominant -- but delicate -- vanilla floral white tea.

Behind that is a sort of chewy, waxy support that I assume is the honeycomb. It seems to be how beeswax notes might smell without their smoky and hot-melting tones: it's plain, pale, and soft, and somehow malleable.

I barely pick up sandalwood.

A curious blend. Mostly I see it as a variant of vanilla flower white tea.

Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit! Fresh, white tea, this smells like something straight out of Mad Tea Party. The orchid is soft and swimming with the vanilla and honey, I swear i've gone through the looking glass into a land of pink cakes and jumping bunnies. I'm not sure which bunny is being caressed, but i'm tempted to say it wears a top hat.

Edited by Jenjin

Just lovely! I immediately adore it, even fresh out of the mail. First impression is gently sweet, creamy, and green. So springy, so shunga. It's very well blended, but different sniffs give different whiffs. The orchid is soft, the vanilla barely-there, the honey fresh and mild, and I think the greenness is from the pale tea leaf. This is subtly sexy, and indeed perfect for spring. It's a hopeful scent.

I have to agree with the first review; this is what I wanted Vanilla Orchid SN to be! This is a lovely green, spring floral. The green character in it is reminding me of Venus Verticordia. This will be excellent when spring hits in a month or so!

In the Bottle:

Mostly lemony green tea with a floral note

On the Skin:

The tea is now more white tea than green tea, subtler and less lemony. A touch of woodiness from the sandalwood

On the Drydown:

Stays pretty linear fresh green/white tea for ages and then the honeycomb very slowly starts to emerge to warm up the blend and add some richness. The vanilla orchid is barely there and the sandalwood isn't overtly obvious. A nice spring/summer scent but not quite what I was expecting

Fresh, crisp white tea in the decant and wet on skin.

Soft floral vanilla and a bit of sweetness in the background. Very springy, slightly sharp. Gets a little softer as it dries. A pleasant skin scent, but I was expecting a little more depth and creaminess from the honeycomb and sandalwood.

Soft floral vanilla orchid with a touch of white tea. It's very springy, but the drydown softens it up quite a bit. It's much cleaner than I anticipated. Medium throw and wear length.

Starts off with mostly crisp white tea, but as it dries it gets sweeteer with the honey comb and a little more warmth. The vanilla orchid comes in as a soft, cool floral. Beautiful, and would probably need a bottle if it were a little stronger on me.

So I ordered a whole whack of decants and some blind bottles. This was not one of them. Ha ha. I convinced myself it wouldn't work, I dislike white tea, have too many orchid scents, blah blah blah. But then I got impatient waiting for my Luper decants to arrive and blind-bottled a partial anyway. LOL.

Wet: The white tea is really strong, but not bitter like it usually is. It blends with the orchid and honey to make this perfumey in a really lovely way. This is actually fairly gorgeous. It's super light though, and fading really quickly. There's a faint green quality to it that I am really enjoying. Very pretty!

Dry: It didn't fade completely like I worried it would, but it's very light, soft. Slightly clean. Fresh. Overall a very gentle and lovely scent. I can smell all the notes equally and distinctly. Really well blended. Glad I impulse bought it, and I will keep the partial, but I think based on how light it is I won't need more.

Wild Rabbit is the sexier version of White Rabbit from the Mad Tea Party: I get tea and lemon (there's no lemon listed, so maybe that's just white tea), which is very clean, and then a hint of honey-vanilla. It's like White Rabbit got a little drunk and dabbled in "O". :bunnyluv:

This is a lovely, delicate, honeyed white tea. Perfect for spring and summer wear! I probably won’t get a bottle since I’m about tapped out on my BPAL Lupers budget, but later, when things aren’t coming at us at full speed with updates over the summer, I may get one then if anyone needs to let theirs go. An imp will do me for now as I work my way through the other 2018 Lupers I’ve yet to try. :)

what a beautiful tea scent. from the outset i get white tea and vanilla orchid. later on i get the sandalwood, but don't seem to smell any honeycomb. i was kind of hoping for a honey-tea scent. this is very light and pretty though- a great spring or summer scent.

This is just like the smell of my morning cup of tea! No honey, but I don't mind. I would have loved a little more vanilla orchid, but this is mainly a true to life tea scent for me.

Pristine. White tea that would be comfortable with a fan and some white kid gloves, tarrying not in order to be on time

for a garden party. Delicate china cups, sipped from pinky finger out and served with light, airy honeyed-vanilla confections

that leave no crumb on tablecloth or napkin.

This one's a bit too perfect for me; I found myself waiting for the mud splatters or grass stains. Nevertheless, it is lovely,

evoking early spring as the first buds begin to unfurl. :bunnyluv:

First whiff definitely made me think of White Rabbit from the Mad Tea Party collection only this is less creamy. I'm actually surprised by how 'green' this scent is for me. Slightly soapy on my skin but I can tell this would be amazing on others. Most a green but somewhat soft floral on me.

Hot and clean white tea sweetened by a golden, sweet, and lightly floral honey. The vanilla orchid in this is nice, a sweet and almost tropical smelling with the tiniest bit of a vanilla like scent. The sandalwood is very light here and clean smelling. This blend overall is a lot cleaner smelling than expected with the white tea and sandalwood. Very springy. Medium throw but short wear length.

Not surprising, this smells a lot like White Rabbit! Lots of sharp white tea. I smell a little floral in the background, but it's mostly tea. Very nice, but it fades fast.

Caressing the Wild Rabbit definitely smells like it could happily join the Mad Tea Party crew. Every note here reads to me, this smells absolutely like a straight split of white tea, honey, and the vanilla orchid SN, with just a smidge of sandalwood grounding it. Very soft and pretty, very genteel.

Vanilla orchid, white tea, and honey. Heavenly. A little over sweet, but I still think this will be a great summer scent. Definitely in the same scent family as Gennivre.

At first, this one reminds me of Volcano in Springtime, but with a shot of tea. After a bit, it changes into a mish mash of tea, honey and a bit of soap. It actually goes flat on me, and is a 'no' after a promising start.

This is one of the most straightforward scents I've ever reviewed. Some single notes have more nuance. It's white tea, honey, vanilla orchid, and a soft touch of sandalwood. Fancy that!

This is a beautiful scent. Creamy, soft, sweet, gently floral. Decidedly feminine, innocent, and graceful. It feels deep, wet, alive.

In the decant: The white tea note is by far the strongest note to my nose, followed by the honeycomb, and then the vanilla orchid. It reminds me of Snake’s Kiss without the vanilla cream and with the addition of orchid.

Wet: The astringent, lemony, white tea is the most prominent note, followed by the honeycomb. Behind those notes, I get the orchid, but no sandalwood yet.

Dry: The white tea and honeycomb continue to reign, followed by the vanilla orchid. The pale sandalwood has emerged now, but it resides in the background.

After a few hours, I get a little more of the pale sandalwood, but it remains content with its background role.

Verdict: This makes me think of Snake’s Kiss without the vanilla cream that I enjoy from Snake’s Kiss, and with the addition of orchid and a bit of sandalwood. It’s pleasant, but I don’t think I’ll keep the decant, as I know I’d just reach for Snake’s Kiss over this one.