Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is a really beautiful scent.  Narcissus is a big ole white indolic scent on me at first.  I had to double check the notes to make sure there wasn't oud in it because I was getting a bit of barnyard. It settles down quickly into a beautiful, bossy white floral that slowly begins to give way (but never fully) to the orris butter and vanilla.  Over time this settles down into a sweet, creamy scent that is predominantly vanilla and amber with the orris adding a little creaminess, the narcissus adding a little floral, and the bergamot adding a little fresh bubbliness.  

this just came in the mail today from a swap purchase. i let it rest for an hour, but was impatient because the reviews sang such high praises!

wet: on me, the narcissus/daffodil is SO STRONG. it takes front and center stage on application.

dry: after a few minutes, the heady florals tone down and are rounded by what i think is the orris root and amber.  as other forumites have mentioned, it's a very sheer, "white" blend. it reminds me of something my mother would wear, because it's feminine, soft, and kind of old school (chanel 5 was her signature scent). i get the *teeniest* bit of vanilla and bergamot, but both are completely drowned by DAFFODIL.

if you like classic, feminine florals, this is probably for you.
i'll let this age a bit before testing again, but i have a feeling this just isn't for me.

Edited by murqmaid