Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JasminDreams2010

A View of Cascading Cherry Blossoms

A tumble of cherry blossoms falling into a pool of white musk and crushed strawberries.

Ooh- this one is pretty! Very PINK, very GIRLY, but manages to walk that line and not be too twee. Its a dance with the notes holding each other in check- fresh, jammy strawberries, soft, floral cherry blossoms and a grounding, light musk. The strawberries are not too kool aid, the cherry blossoms are not too soapy. Just balanced enough to make this very wearable. I think you could do daytime office with this one if you wanted, brunch with friends, or even better, a spring picnic! This is like a more sophisticated version of something youd get at Victorias Secret or bath and body works. It would be a good entry scent for someone new to BPAL

ETA: this is a bit younger or something than my usual deal but while I probably wont get a backup I am glad I bought a bottle :)

Like the first reviewer said, this does remind me of a Bath and Body or Victoria Secret scent. Feminine, light, girlish. The cherry blossoms are the strongest note on me, not quite drowning out the strawberries, and I get very little musk. What's nice - and this is where it deviates from a mall scent - is that there's nothing fake or chemical about it. This reminds me of how a woman would smell at a fancy outdoor dinner party on a spring evening.

I've already tried partnering it with Eat the Strawberries and Pink Moon and both work beautifully for those of you who like it pink.

In the bottle: Strawberries and cherry blossoms

Wet: Same

Dry: Equal parts strawberry and cherry blossom, with the white musk rounding things out

This is a simple scent, but so very beautiful. Springtime in a bottle. Love it!

I love this. I posted on FB yesterday that this is the closest thing to my beloved Velvet Unicorn that I have smelled yet. It's the sugary strawberry that makes it similiar. It gives it that fluffy sweetness. The cherry blossom is beautiful and soft too, not sharp at all. I predict gorgeous aging!

I am reminded of how the air around a Strawberry Pocky frosted stick smells. Or that kiss of vanilla-cream-strawberry flavor that you smell/taste when you're chomping on them.

Oh bother.

Now I'm hungry. This is really good. Subdued, like strawberry puree folded into buttery frosting.

In the bottle: smells dead-on VS Love Spell

Wet: Strawberry is stronger. Definitely sweet, candy, girly.

Drydown: strawberry and cherry blossoms. Reminds me of a strawberry version of the L'Occitane Cherry Blossom lotion. Yum!

Dry: no difference

Edited by Carrie

On wet, there's a very nice balance of notes -- I sometimes find that strawberry notes can go candy-sweet (which I don't object to, as a rule), but the note is softer and a little less sugared here.

This white musk is one of the ones I really like, round and almost creamy. The cherry blossoms are gentle, pink, and not overwhelmingly floral. Overall, this reminds me of a lotion or moisturizer scent in the best way. It's relatively simple, but it clings to the skin and the notes meld together perfectly.

As someone who loves and wears a lot of super-sweet scents, this isn't one of those. It's still relatively sweet and pink, but it's definitely not foody or candy. It's a very pleasant, unobtrusive perfume, light and a bit airy.

Good throw and staying power, gets a little softer and sweeter as it dries.

A very young, sweet scent--I immediately thought Bath n' Body Works or Vic's Secret, as others have said, but for me that's not a good thing; I was hoping for musk and floral, but this is strawberry-vanilla candy. I'm actually kind of embarrassed to be wearing it at work. :blush: I will give my decant to a friend's daughter; it'd be adorable on a little girl, but I feel too old and grouchy to pull it off. ;)

I love this one. Japanese Cherry Blossom is one of my favourite scents ever and the strawberry and white musk complement it beautifully. The strawberry is much stronger in the bottle and when wet, but after it dries it evens out. Medium throw and wear-length for me, but re-application is no problem and the smell is seriously so delightful. Thrilled with this!

This might be a weird comparison, but . . . Bewitched is my absolute favourite GC scent, and I feel like A View of Cascading Cherry Blossoms is like its younger, sweeter sister or cousin, who really loves pink. They share absolutely no notes in common, but they both manage to beautifully balance their berry notes with their herbal/floral notes and musks to create something fresh, juicy and gorgeous. They both have great wear length, too. I'd been wishing for a while that I could find a scent that smells similar to Bewitched but doesn't get dragged down toward the end of the day by the dark musk (this only happens at certain times of my cycle, and isn't too unpleasant, just not as fresh and lovely as the early half of the day). I feel like Cascading Cherry Blossoms scratches that itch for me. I'll be buying a couple of backup bottles. <3

EDIT: Bought the backup bottles, and . . . they're different from the first. :( Stronger on the cherry blossom and white musk, with less of the lovely, jammy strawberry. It comes off sort of generically floral and slightly artificial by comparison. This batch just isn't doing it for me the way the first bottle does. I'm debating on whether to try buying one more backup bottle (and maybe sell / swap the other two) to see if it'll match the first bottle, but I'm worried it'll turn out that the first bottle was the batch variant and the backup bottles are the more common default.

Edited by Nikki Scarlet

Strawberry candy and a whiff of cherry blossoms. This is mainly all strawberry on me. Sweet, candy, strawberry. Good throw and wear length.

I love this one! It's mostly cherry blossom on me. I actually forgot strawberry was listed in this until I got online here and read the notes.

It's such a lovely springtime scent, light, pink and sweet. Gorgeous and back up worthy.

Edited by Antoinette

I really like cherry blossom as a scent but have so few cherry blossom perfumes that I was really looking forward to trying this one. It definitely met my expectations and then some.

Given time to warm up and dry the strawberry is the strongest note. It's a really lovely strawberry, not at all fake smelling, not overly sweet, but a very jammy crushed strawberry smell. Like sniffing a jar of strawberry preserves. It definitely has a bit of sugar to it but it's mostly fruit, delightfully pulpy. The cherry blossoms in this are light and sweet, pink and girly. Stronger on wrist sniff than in the throw, but definitely present in the throw. Really delicate and pretty. As the oil continues to dry these do get stronger as the strawberry calms down. The white musk in this is sweet, not heavy, and a bit vanilla-ish. Sweet, light, and close to the skin. Medium throw and wear length.

My sole complaint about this blend is that I wish the balance was more in favor of the cherry blossom, but I can also see that changing with aging, or even based on skin chem due to cycle, etc.

Cherry blossom is very light, this is mainly sugary strawberry musk. It is very beautiful and sweet, but not in a toothachey way. It's almost like opening a good strawberry candy while standing in the warm spring sun under a bunch of cherry trees. Final notes at the end are a light musky vanilla.

This is a girly scent I like to wear with bright, juicy pinks, preferably with some low-key frills.

Light cherry blossom blended with sweet strawberries. If you've tried the strawberry-scented Dial soap, it's similar, lol.  This is an innocent, girly scent - my 8-year-old daughter would love this.

Initially this was too sweat and sticky for me. Also, I wasn't very keen to get cherry, rather than blossoms, because cherry isn't my favourite thing. 

Reviewed after 3 years ageing, my nose picks up rather as a duet of pink rose (I guess that is the cherry blossom then) and strawberry ...  with some dew.

It is a straightforward, pink scent, somewhat shallow, that fits a pink dress I am wearing today.

I prefer my more complex scents, but the view is nice.

Clean cherry blossom musk with a tinge of sweetness from the strawberry.  The strawberry isn't overly sugary nor is it overly fresh; it's more of a lightly candied version that adds a bit of sweetness.  The musk is the main star on my skin with the cherry blossoms melding nicely.  A bit powdery and very low throw.

this is a sugary, clean, pink cherry blossom. 

it reminds me a little of kamisuki. 

on the skin, i get the strawberry, which smells candy but with a little bit of a realistic tang, and then the cherry blossom second, which makes this sweet and girly- i honestly love pink scents, and this is absolutely one of my favorites.

the strawberry quiets down after a while and the scent melds together more. it’s not too teenager pink; i feel happy wearing this one 💖

i don’t really get the white musk - white musk usually doesn’t work well on me, but this scent is softer and i think the musk may come through in a clean way instead of a ‘glittering’ way (that sort of white musk tends to give me a headache)