SophieCedar

One Perfect Day

You did not need to creep into my heart
The way you did. You could have smiled
And knowing what you did, you have kept apart
From all my inner soul. But you beguiled
Deliberately.

- Alice Dunbar-Nelson

Honeyed tea rose, lavender water, red benzoin, bois de rose, and rose amber.

A very straight-forward scent, exactly as described.
Wet, there's a sugary powdery burn off period. Raises up around me in a powdery pink cloud and dissipates after 30 min. Smells like super fine dusting powder.
Drydown is even-keeled, sweet, and glowing roses. I'm loving this! Roses and lavender water with plenty of warmth from the benzoin and amber. Victorian-ish, but way sexier. Yesssss.

This is so pretty! I smiled as soon as I opened the vial and got a whiff. Not much of a morpher on me, this is mostly honey-rose with a little lavender foofing around in the background. I'm going to plagiarize my own post from the testing thread, but this smells like spring in a bottle to me. Soft, pink, dreamy, uber-femme, a little old-fashioned. I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this during the spring, and I definitely need a bottle. And I discovered a new-to-me poet! :wub3: I know not everybody's into honey, or rose, but if you do like those notes, you need this.

ETA: With a couple more wears, have noticed a distinct mintiness in the early stages!

Edited by lady_pandora

Opening: Slighty spicy honeyed tea rose. Well blended.

Dry-down: Gets a little powdery, but doesn't morph much after that. Ends as a soft balsamic rose.

This rose isn't too heady and it's nicely supported by the other cast members. Great for the office. While wearing this today, I decided that the Lab's honey note OWNS me. I am its slave. I will do whatever it says.

Average-strong sillage and average longevity. I liked it from start to finish. My favorite of the 2018 Lupers so far. Git in my cart!

Pink honeyed rose powder. On me, this pretty much almost disappears into a cloud of rose baby powder. Soft, feminine, rose powder. Low throw and wear length.

I was hoping the honeyed aspect wouldn't be strong, alas it ruins the other beautiful notes for me. Time for me to stop trying anything with even the mere mention of honey.

A rosy scent without being pure rose. The tea rose in this is a bit watery, and definitely honeyed. You get that sweet-and-sour rose smell but it's brightened up and the sour note is toned down by golden sweet honey. The lavender water works well with the honeyed rose, adding a sweet herbal note and the water aspect of it working well with the watery aspect of the tea rose. The rose amber smells like a distinct rose note from the honeyed tea rose, a bit more sour, but made sweet and powdery by the amber. The bois de rose adds a nice woodsy background but isn't overpowering. The benzoin seems to be in here mostly as a fixative, it's not distinct. Medium throw and wear length.

Overall this one is certainly nice but it didn't feel too unique to me. I already have a lot of rose scents and rose-and-rosewood seems to be a popular enough combination that I already have enough scents very similar to this.

My husband picked this one out for me, and I downgraded from bottle to imp because tea rose. When I first sniffed it, I wished I had gone with my husband's first instinct. It is beautiful. Soft honey rose with a whisper of lavender. There's some powdery amber in there too, and I guess the rosewood and benzoin are adding to the mix as well, though I couldn't really pick them out. It's a whole lot of lovely, old-fashioned and nostalgic and yet perfectly modern as well.