Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Fortuna Restitutrix

The Fortunes of Warriors: She Who Restores, She Who Brings the Soldiers Home

A hymn for the safety and good fortune for soldiers, and a prayer to bring them home: leather, sweet clove, and olive blossom.

This is such an interesting scent! Fresh brown leather, clove, rubbed with Olive blossom. It smells high class. I smell like I imagine a high class 17th century Courtesan would smell after spending a delightful evening with a French Soldier. I don't know what to do with it..but it is fascinating.

I bought a full bottle hoping for a gorgeous leather blend to add to my leather collection

unfortunately this is a super-clove scent instead

in the bottle it's spicy clove and that's about it

on my skin it's CLOVE - spicy and warm... and something sickly-acrid-yellow. No leather :(

thankfully, whatever sickly note is in there dies down some, but this remains a strong clove blend

*edit - turns to potpourri as it settles...

Edited by Roogna

At first, the clove was really strong with the rest of the elements. So, it smelled like hanging out in a fancy Italian restaurant around Christmas. As it's dried down, it's taken on a sweeter quality. I think the olive blossom, similar to the note in St. Louis #1 rounds out the leather, and it does remind me of a fancy car with leather interior owned by a woman who wears expensive perfume. But not the expensive perfume that is headache inducing. I guess I amp the olive blossom, because I would not consider this a leather or a clove smell. I have to get really close to pick up any clove.

Clove, olive blossom over a spicy brown leather. This smells like clove leather. If you like either clove or brown leather, I'd say go for this. Slightly masculine. Good throw and wear length.

I don't get any clove or leather from this at all. it's all vaguely sweet and fruity. My nose keeps telling me it's watermelon candy. :think:

On my skin, clove is the strongest note, followed by soft leather and a hint of olive blossom. This dries down into a gentle leather and clove blend that is a skin scent on me. It's quite lovely and quite unisex, and I imagine it will age really well.

right off i think i smell olive blossom the strongest, with a hint of leather. after a few more seconds, i get the clove, and the leather is getting stronger. it ends up mostly leather with clove and something sour, but the sourness fades on the drydown, thankfully. this one is alright but not amazing on my skin, so it's off to swaps.

In the decant: Clove and sweetness, which I presume is the olive blossom. 

On my skin:

Lots of clove and the same sweetness. 

Several minutes in, the clove still dominates, with a nice sweet floral top note. If there's leather here, it's very possible the strength of the clove on me is covering it up. 

After another half hour or so, the clove dies down so that it's more balanced with the olive blossom. Though the clove has toned down a bit, it's still very pleasant, and I still cannot pick out a leather note. 

In the next phase, a soft leather note does emerge -- and it is soft, against the spice of the clove and the sweetness of the olive blossom. Here, it has almost the quality of a soft black musk. Unfortunately, from this point, the clove and olive blossom continue to fade while the leather note either remains behind or strengthens. At this point, the whole blend starts to go a little powdery and a little soapy. 

Sadly, it dries down to nondescript leather with a faint floral top note. The clove is present only in a tiny amount and only very close to my skin. It's not unpleasant -- and I certainly wouldn't mind this if it was a "morning after" or even "several hours after" type of scent -- but it's a far cry from the glorious clove that was its debut.  

Edit 2/27 -- Somewhere along the line, I ended up with a partial bottle of this, and the proportions of the bottle are somewhat different. The leather always stays a background note, which allow the clove and olive blossom to shine more. 

Edited by torischroeder9