Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
DianesTulpa

Fortuna Muliebris

The Fortunes of Women

A hymn for stability, health, strength, and fecundity: French lavender, white pear, and patchouli with clary sage, white tea, and sandalwood.

I got this scent in a delivery last night, and was hoping to find some reviews on this but I guess I am the first so here goes...

:umm: In the bottle: Sharp and clean...definitely getting a hefty dose of lavender and a ghostly background scent of fruit which I am guessing is the pear.

:P Wet on skin: Stronger fruit, but not getting pear to my nose..more of an overall fruitiness that I would've weirdly guessed is berries. The patchouli is adding some earthy depth, but it's more of a clean patchouli than a "dirty" vibe version. Not picking up any tea, but there is a still a clean, soapiness to this brew that could be in part to the clary sage and/or lavender.

:wacko: Dry down: This is morphing...The fruit still smells oddly "berryish" to me, but it's retreating to the background. The patchouli is also taking a backseat. I am getting more of the lavender and clary sage mixing with the freshness of sandalwood...
:hippie: Overall this is beautiful but smells more like an interesting soap or body lotion than perfume to me...If you are a big lavender or sandalwood fan, you may enjoy though.
This has medium throw but faded on my skin within about 45 mins...

Definitely agree about the fruity lavender, and also about the fancy soap/lotion! I think it's the clary sage and tea that's contributing to the latter, although they're way in the background. Interestingly, I don't notice the patchouli or the sandalwood at all, and those are usually super-dominant on me. Fades quickly.

This is all lavender and sage on me, with just a beautiful background of sandalwood. This isn't my cup of tea for wearing as a perfume (as others have noted here!), but I definitely want to turn it into some sort of linen spray. I put a couple of drops on my pillow cases and sheets and it was simply lovely. I think it helped me sleep, too.

Lavender, sweet pear, and a dash of white tea. I am really amping up the white tea on this. It's a very juicy fruity lavender blend. Good throw and wear length. Very happy.

As mentioned above, this winds up surprisingly berry-ish -- I think it's the pear and lavender mixing together to read more like purple fruit. On my skin, it's almost all berries and upscale, "grown-up" patchouli. I'm not able to pick out any sandalwood or sage.

Hmmm. I really wanted to like this one, and it's not *bad*, but... in the late 80s/early 90s, my little sister went through a phase where she wore a ton of very fruity Victoria's Secret and other (mall-based) perfumes, and this just reminds me so much of one of those that I'm probably not going to wear it much.

Edited by Wwindy