Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Good Fortune Incarnate

A hymn to the successes, prosperity, good health, and blessings that are drawn to you when you possess honesty, bravery, and good character: Himalayan cedar and honey myrtle, cistus and clary sage, ambergris accord and white oudh.

In the bottle I get mostly cedar.

On wet: cedar mixed with herbs and sweetness.

On drydown: As the scent dries down I found the notes blended and became softer, less sharp cedar and more soft, woody, herbal sweetness. So far I haven't noticed the ambergris but it is fresh from a hot letterbox so I'll see if the scent changes as it cools down.

Overall I like Fortuna Bona and I'll wear it when I'm looking for a clean, woody, tending-towards-masculine scent. Also when I'm aspiring to honesty, bravery and good character :)

yup - LOTS of cedar.

it went on more sage with hints of oudh, then cedar blasted its way in and took over

I get no floral notes or ambergris

Wow, hello, cedar! You know how sometimes we say cedar might go pencil shavings or wooden box? That's how this cedar is (which I don't mind). It remind me of walking into an herb shop or health food shop that sells a lot of herbs. Woody as if someone opened a cedar chest, but also with herbs drying in the background.