Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honey cake with baked-on caramelized almonds, filled with buttercream.

In The Bottle: I get the honey cake instantly, with the almonds adding their magic, but subtly, and the buttercream appearing as an afterthought, like I smell it as my nose comes away from the bottle.

Wet On Skin: The honey mellows into a kind of honey dust- far more subtle than the honey in, say, "O". it has a presence, but doesn't overwhelm the blend. The alone becomes more of an almond *meal*, also subtle, and adding what reads almost as a coconut note- perhaps because it's caramelized?

Dry Down: I. Want. To. Eat. This.
The honey and almond finish merging into one gloriously subtle-sweet-skin scent. It's yummy, but sits very close to the skin, the throw is extremely low on this scent. The buttercream is a whisper behind the scenes, adding some depth, interestingly, to the proceedings.

In All: a beautiful, delicate foodie scent that will no doubt age well, thanks to the honey in the mix.

LOVE!!!

This makes my foody heart happy! I LOVE it!! Caramel and almond in equal parts are the most dominant when first applied, but they do tone down. As it wears, I get vanilla CAKE vs. honey. (for those of you afraid of the honey note) honey is in here, but on me, it's not a major player. My only wish is that it last longer on me. I felt this way with the Antique Lace re-release and find now that it's aged a bit it's got more depth and lasts longer on me. I think with a little aging this will be even more nom nom!!

Total keeper!! Thank you Fairy!!

Edited by growwild

Honey cake and buttercream. I get the almonds on the drydown. This one is a sweet, foodie blend that is heavy on the honey. Medium throw and wear length.

So grateful I got a fairy for this scent! My fairy rocks!! :wub2:

This scent was sadly strong caramel and almonds on me. Much darker than I thought it would be. I didn’t get much honey cake sadly since I love that smell!! Not much buttercream either. Just strong almost Smokey nuts and caramel. Seemed like a Mother Shub scent to me. Not a gooey yummy cake scent like I was hoping for. Sadly it also faded super fast. :( So glad I got to try it though. It is yummy just not super foodie enough for me. ;)

In the bottle: Buttercream, honey cake, and unexpectedly smoky almonds.

Wet: I'm still getting lots of buttercream and honey, which are super sweet, and then the cake part of the honey cake pops out after a moment. The almonds, which had really worried me from inside the bottle due to the smoky quality I was getting, do smell like caramelized almonds on my skin, and fortunately, the smoky aspect is not present (at least, not yet). The caramelized almonds seem to be getting stronger as this sits on my skin, but the buttercream and honey cake are still going strong as well.

As the scent begins to dry, the buttercream note has gotten stronger and made the scent creamier. The honey is still going strong, and the caramelized almonds are softer and sweeter.

Dry: After it has been dry for a while, the cake part of the honey cake really stands out, so that I get honey cake covered in a nice layer of buttercream. By this point, the almond note has calmed down significantly and really light compared to the honey cake and buttercream notes.

Verdict: I was afraid this would end up being oddly smoky on me. It wasn't. Then I was afraid that it was going to be too cloying on me, with the intense honey and buttercream, but it ended up calming down and smelling like honey cake in the end! I'm happy to have a bottle. Thank you, dear fairy, for picking this one up for me!

Super grateful to my fairy for snagging this for me. It has taken me ages to get round to testing it!

Wet: Initially, the dominant note is cream, which I was not expecting. Then the almond amps up. Mmm. Then I get a rich, syrupy, sticky, oozy honey cake. YUM. The honey has the slightest floral edge to it, which is TO DIE FOR. This is so so so good.

Dry: So sad!!!! I know this WANTS to smell like honey cakes on me (and I desperately want it too - I hoped for The Sharing of The Cake HG in perfume format), but instead it smells like cream, which smells like "scorched milk" on me. Ick. So mad at my skin. I will likely age it and try again, as it's hard to give up on something I had such high hopes for, but in all likelihood I will have to rehome this. :(

I'm so excited I got to try this, thanks to a generous swapper who sent me a tester. Wet, it's very buttery. Butterscotch, maybe buttercream, but the butter is the primary note on my skin at first. Then the almond note emerges and it's butter, sugar and almonds, caramelizing in a pan. Which is pretty heavenly. And very sweet. Finally it mellows into honey cake -- and I often have a problem with the cake note going weird on my skin, a la Eat Me, but this is beautiful -- with buttery almondy frosting. It has just a bit of throw and better than usual staying power (my skin eats lots of blends, but usually honey ones will last). Delectable!

If rendered phonetically, my response to smelling an imp of this blend would be something like a  loud and faintly orgasmic sounding " *sharp intake of breath* GGGGUUhhhhhhh!"

It's incredibly sweet, rich, buttery nutty goodness, as if Hellcat and Queen of Sheba ran away together.

Darn. I should have realised this would not go well on me but could not resist. I love the bottle art on this one and had to buy it, and it smells delicious in the bottle, but sadly I just cannot do almonds! It always smells fake and plasticity on me, and the buttercream just isn't able to hide it for me. Over time, I just get this toasted rice smell that for some reason I've been getting in some gourmand BPAL's /heartbreaking. It eventually settles into a cakey almond but not enough for me to wear it. *sob*