Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tendrils of frankincense and myrrh curling around polished woods, sugared honey, and bourbon vanilla.

Smooth and sweet, Petite Planchette falls into the realm of scents I think of as "glowing". It's warm and gently radiant, the slightly gooey honey and rich vanilla balanced by the deep woods and fragrant incense notes of the frankincense and myrrh. It's a little resinous, a little gourmand, and utterly beautiful.

a well-balanced, sweet resinous blend that's extremely versatile and chameleon-esque: i could see this feeling like a cozy sweater comfort scent, a date night scent, and a platonic social gathering scent, and shifting seamlessly into each role. there is a slight sharpness from the frankincense creating a firm backbone, and otherwise, it's just a sweet, chewy, rich, beautiful blend that will surely please lovers of sweet resins.

Petite Planchette is amazingly faithful to the description. If you like the listed notes, you will not be disappointed. This is a beautiful warm smooth wood note (is this mahogany?) coated in honeyed resin. Medium throw and staying power, not a lot of morph on me. Utterly gorgeous.

In the Bottle: a sweet and beguiling swirl of resins.

Wet On Skin: the frankincense, wood and sugared honey all start to assert themselves as individuals now. So far, the myrrh is behaving admirably- I pray that continues!

Dry Down: Someone else mentioned this scent being "chewy" and I concur! Although it's different, there IS a chewy aspect similar to french tobacco notes. The frankincense and polished wood are coming together beautifully and it's all very rich and good for cold, blustery days!

Frankincense and myrrh, with tendrils of sugar and vanilla. This is a sweet, skin resin blend. Medium throw, good wear length.

Wet: Tons of Frankincense. It's a really sweet, golden and honeyed Frank though, and I like it so far. As others have said, this is a golden scent.

Dry: Far too much Frankincense for me. *sigh*. I don't know why I keep trying, I need accept that Frank and I just don't get along (except the odd time where we do, which makes me keep trying.....)

I am going to age this and see what happens.

Absolutely gorgeous. Sweet resins mixed with expensive wood, I totally agree that this 'glows' and it manages to be cozy and sexy at the same time. Decent wear length. I should have bought a back-up!

Petite Planchette feels structured around those burnished woods at the center, with the frankincense and myrrh adding smolder and the sugared honey and bourbon vanilla adding sweetness and warmth. Have you ever touched wood that's been worn to satin by centuries of human hands passing over it? That's the visual I'm getting—satin woods, smooth and golden. Very pretty.

the polished woods are the strongest note at first, mixed with myrrh. after a few minutes on the skin, i get hints of honey, vanilla and the frankincense comes out fairly strong. unfortunately, i amp the frankincense in this, as i often do and it overpowers the scent. the honey is quite pretty though. i will give it another try later on and see how i feel. it *is* pretty, just too heavy on the frankincense for me.

This is definitely glowing. I tucked my bottle away for a bit of aging and I’m so happy I did. I’m a massive frank and myrrh fan and this does not disappoint. While there was a bit of an edge when I first received it, it’s smoothed into a lovely wooden resin blend sweetened by the sugar and vanilla. This reminds me a little of the library at Trinity College minus the paper.

Very happy to have and I think this will age even more sublimely.

Yes, GLOWING!!!  My first thought was of Magicians Wand (ash, rowan, oak, and elder wood, polished with sweet resins but handworn, glowing with inner fire.).  I am thinking it’s the polished wood note that I am enjoying so much blended with honey and vanilla. It has a similar sweet resin vibe to Wand, but, less “chewy”, slightly lighter (not sticky sweet) scent. Like Arcana “Last Judgement” without the tobacco. Good throw, medium wear. 

I am glad Blooddrop restocked this one as it was one I was curious about and based on my enjoying sweet resins and woods felt I would appreciate and I do!!!! It’s a definite keeper. 

Petite Planchette is primarily a honeyed resin blend on me. I agree with Missanneshirleyofgg that there is something in this similar to The Magician's Wand (perhaps the polished woods), but this has honey instead of The Magician's Wand unlisted vanilla musk note. The honey, frankincense, and polished woods are the strongest notes on me.

Unfortunately, it ends up going sour on me after a while, which I suspect is due to the honey note. :(

It was pretty nice before it turned, though, so I am going to put this aside and retest it just in case it was a hormonal fluke.

I'm reviewing the 2019 version of this scent.

This is the perfect sweet resin blend. The "polished woods" scent predominates, although as others have noted the scent is more evocative of, say, a bannister that's been polished by hundreds of hands running over its surface than a "wood polish" scent. Frankincense and myrrh round the scent out, and the vanilla starts to peek out on drydown (though it never predominates).

Although my skin typically amps honey scents to "Honey SN" status, I actually don't get any honey from this blend at all beyond the general sweetness of the vanilla.

Reviewing a brand new 2020 from Blood Milk.

It's the perfect blending of honey and polished wood. Not the strongest of wood scents like bookcase passage and other woodsy notes, but it's softly in the background. The honey is also muted, but sweet, and this is a myrrh that doesn't take over on my skin or go all funky spice as myrrh often does on my skin. The bourbon vanilla rounds it out and on me, with my chemistry, is the strongest component of the blend. I could roll around and lounge in this smell. 

i pounced on this when it was restocked in August 2022, because it has always called to me, and i'm so glad i was able to snag it! it is really lovely, definitely a keeper. 

the frank and myrrh start out a little loud and churchy, but they quickly sink back into a supporting role.  this is sweet, smooth honey-vanilla woods quietly supported by resins. delicious without smelling edible, sweet but not overly so. silky smooth.  the honey is just ever-so-slightly musky. it's one of those blends that seemingly sinks into the skin and then radiates an aura of scent.

i'm pretty sure this will get even smoother and more harmonious as it ages, i can't wait to find out. 

My first thought regarding Petite Planchette is that it is a dreadfully charming scent. Imagine, during an evening with the spirits, employing a delicately wrought planchette, carved of a sweet, somber wood, and connecting with a childish phantom. Peals of laughter float throughout the darkened parlour as she riddles and mocks, and a faint scent of sugared treats lingers when she falls silent. There’s a touch of something that won’t quite behave–not fruit, not cake or pudding, but a fruity-not-fruitiness that’s really quite bratty in its unwillingness to reveal itself. I can perfectly imagine golden-haired, tragically complicated Claudia of Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles smelling of Petite Planchette.