Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Similarities Between BPAL Scents - GC and general discussion

It's been a while since I tried How Doth... and Schrodinger's Cat - and they definitely don't have a ton of notes in common - but both are unusual chocolate-mint-when-you-least-expect-it scents.

I recently tried Lyonesse and fell in love with it, but I am SOOOO sad because I can't wear it. The aquatic notes in it make my sinuses slam shut and I get a headache. Is there anything else in the GC that smells like Lyonesse? My favorite bpal perfume so far is Morocco and I've tried Bastet. The Lion, and Queen of Sheba in case anyone would think to recommend those. None of those smell like Lyonesse to me though. I want regal, golden sweetness but without the aquatics. And if you can only think of a similar LE please PM me. Help!

I love Alice, but her perfection lasts about 5 minutes before she turns to carnation dust. So I'm shopping for similar scents in the hopes of finding one with better lasting power. I'd like recommendations for any scents you've tried that have reminded you of Alice!

I love Alice, but her perfection lasts about 5 minutes before she turns to carnation dust. So I'm shopping for similar scents in the hopes of finding one with better lasting power. I'd like recommendations for any scents you've tried that have reminded you of Alice!

Green Tree Viper. It reminds me very much of Alice, but where Alice has a warm, glowing feeling, Green Tree Viper is cool & shady. The only note they share is the bergamot, but it's just lovely!

Great recs, thanks guys! The first two I haven't tried and would never have thought to be similar.

Klara from last year's yule update was almost a dead ringer for Alice.. just less powdery ;)

Has been on my wishlist for months for this reason, hopefully I will track some down soon! Kicking myself now for not buying it at the time, I almost did...

Alice lasts super long on me, so I can't guarantee this will do you, but you could give Hod Res a try. I find it sweeter than Alice, and it has no bergamot, but the carnation is very pretty.

This is like that song that you seem to know the tune of but can't pinpoint, or that quote, or whatever that's on the tip of your tongue. Halp! So I'm testing Parsifal tonight (care of my lovely witch and nacho witch) and this reminds me of something that I've tested before (BPAL too). Only I just can't put a finger on it!

Paperwhite narcissus, petitgrain, rosemary, cyclamen, and ozone accord.

I was wondering if it might be Dirty, but I have no imp anymore and to my memory, I like this better than Dirty. I've sniffed my light floral bottles and none of them are as long as what I remember.

Any suggestions?

Hello all,

I have used Lucy's Kiss as my signature scent for layering, etc. for years now. But I need to move on, I think. I went back to my imps...and decided Juliet and Eve are my new favorites.

Should I try a few more scents like this, or are there any? I noticed someone said Juliet has a few like-scents, but what about Eve? I am wearing Eve right now and am in love with myself.

I do like magnolia quite a bit as well...

thanks! N

Hi all!

Can anyone who loves :wub2: O as much as I do recommend scents that are just as lovely? Or that give you that warm, snuggley feeling inside :wub2: ?

Thanks for the help.

Kelli

Dragon's Milk! Absolutely! It's my 'warm blankie, snuggled with the kitties and a hot cocoa' sort of scent. I love it.

Eclipse is also a lovely scent, if you like almond and cinnamon as well -- it's a more amped-up scent but still has that warm sweet comfort to it.

If you like a little booziness in your scent too, the LE Spooky :wub2: is gorgeous, as are both Grog (butterscotch, the booze adds a gorgeous little edge to the sweetness) and the LE Egg Nog.

One that seems to age into a close scent, if a bit warmer, is chimera. For the first month or 2 it seems to go on as a fairly strong cinnamon bark scent, that mellows nicely to a warm honey/amber like scent. (myrrh and honeysuckle?). After that 2 month mark though, it morphs into a nice spicy honey amber, straight from the bottle, and melds into the skin as an intimate, warm creamy spice.

Dragon's Milk! Absolutely! It's my 'warm blankie, snuggled with the kitties and a hot cocoa' sort of scent. I love it.

Eclipse is also a lovely scent, if you like almond and cinnamon as well -- it's a more amped-up scent but still has that warm sweet comfort to it.

If you like a little booziness in your scent too, the LE Spooky :wub2: is gorgeous, as are both Grog (butterscotch, the booze adds a gorgeous little edge to the sweetness) and the LE Egg Nog.

Thanks so much for your input! I am going to go home and check my stash :lol: . I do have Egg Nog and do love that one.

One that seems to age into a close scent, if a bit warmer, is chimera. For the first month or 2 it seems to go on as a fairly strong cinnamon bark scent, that mellows nicely to a warm honey/amber like scent. (myrrh and honeysuckle?). After that 2 month mark though, it morphs into a nice spicy honey amber, straight from the bottle, and melds into the skin as an intimate, warm creamy spice.

Thanks so much for your help. I am going to go home and check my stash for this one or order an imp if I don' t have it :D It sounds lovely.

I'm a big fan of Comforting Plus Companion, if you can find some. Or Lady Una, which I tend to think of as a somewhat cooler-feeling CPC. L'Estate hasn't got the snuggly feeling so much as just dreamy golden-ness that is divine. (Er, sorry, these are a lot of hard to finds. I haven't purchased in a while.)

I guess it depends what makes you feel warm and snuggly. I look for that sort of "feel" to my perfumes, and I have a wide range of oils. Coyote, for example, has a snuggly sort of fur/deerskin/musk note, but it's a different beast (so to speak) from O. Same thing with Gingerbread Poppet.

Womb Furie to me smells like O and Snake Oil. In other words, AMAZING! It is LE but you might be able to find it on the sales pages. Also, there is a chance it appear with the Lupers.

Jezebel reminds me of O with honeyed roses. I think the honey is similar and the sandalwood has that same powdery feel as O's amber for me. Jezebel - "A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood."

I agree with Dragon's Milk, Grog, and Womb Furie as O related. I love all these scents as well and have them all. I want try Chimera after reading this. ;)

Hi all!

Can anyone who loves :wub2: O as much as I do recommend scents that are just as lovely? Or that give you that warm, snuggley feeling inside :wub2: ?

Thanks for the help.

Kelli

Of the ones I've tried I think Mouse's Long and Sad Tale and Dragon's Milk! Do you want recommendations of similar scents? In that case I think you should look for oils including red sandalwood and vanilla/something sweet, as it seems to be the common notes for all of these!

I'm not an O lover, but I really like A Wonderful Light from the Yules and many people compare that to O.

I'd look for scents with a vanilla + amber base. It's a popular combination, and gives a very nice sweet, toasty warmth on the dry-down. Then pick whatever top notes sound good to you! (Mouse's Long and Sad Tale is lovely, Golden Priapus is very pleasant but the pine is more bracing than snuggly, I haven't tried Tamora but it sounds yummy.)

Hi chewy :wave:

I'm not an O lover myself (the honey doesn't work on me :() but some suggestions for that similar warm/snuggly feel:

Bastet - luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus.

Dana O'Shee - milk, honey and sweet grains.

The Lion - a golden, spiced amber, proud, regal and ferocious.

Werepuppy was a forum-only blend from 2010, so you would need to look for a decant in the For Sale area, but I think you might like it - it definitely has the 'snuggly' thing going on. The notes are: a fuzzy brown honey-dusted musk covering freshly-washed baby skin and a howl of milk breath. In the background, there's the barest hint of upturned soil and dew-covered squished stems from a trampled flowerbed. I would also second Victory's recommendation for Comforting Plush Companion, but that one may be hard to find.

Good luck with your search! :smile: