Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Five Golden Rings

Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves and a
Partridge in a Pear Tree

Luminous golden amber, lemon peel, and royal agarwood, tonka bean and bone-white orris, and a splash of blood.

In the bottle - Definitely got that "bone white" feel going on. Dry.

Wet - Instantly juicy. These bones are fresh, with lemon zest and amber. Amber is dominating.

Drydown - A lot more wood now. Damn, I rather like this. It's a vibrant amber-wood blend with a hint of juiciness. There isn't a lot of throw, so I don't have much more to report. The amber does go a little powdery as it wears on. I'm sneezing a lot. (Potentially unrelated since I've been breathing wildfire smoke for the last week, but thought you should know.)

Verdict - For the most part, I like it. I'm going to have to give this a couple more tries, though. I haven't quite figured it out.

Light amber. No lemon, just light amber. It smells like a imagine a fresh golden ring would smell. Eh. I was hoping for something more, but I am glad this doesn't work on me.

Wet: Very light, slightly soapy, mostly powdery orris and pale amber with hints of lemon.

Dry: Very light, sweet amber with very faint slightly powdery orris. Rather underwhelming, on me.

Bone, blood, and golden amber with a touch of woods. It's a weird bone + golden amber blend that reminds me to some American Gods. Sophisticated, woodsy blend.

Source: Forum swap

Preconception: Uuuuh bloody rings?

Bottle: Kind of sweet amber

Initial Skin: Uuuh nope. Bitter, tart, blood.

Drydown: Amber takes a few to warm up per usual. Once it does it's a powdery amber, sweet vanilla-hinted base, but still mostly bitter & dusty.

In the bottle: Amber and orris with a bit of lemon peel.

On my skin:

Wet, it's almost powdery amber and orris. The lemon peel is only detectable on the very initial application. It disappears immediately when the scent starts to dry. As it dries, I get the distinct tang of agarwood. Maybe lemon peel too. Still definitely amber and orris.

Hrm. As the agarwood tang fades, so does the scent's whole throw. It's dusty amber and orris but now very faint.