Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nepthys

2003: Cotton Phoenix

Cotton Phoenix has a base of our foundation scent, Snake Oil, with a sliver of Snow White, almond milk, and a pillowy poof of marshmallow layered over a sheer cotton blossom musk.

Snow White 2005 didn't work out for me, so it kind of scared me away.

Now I'm sad about missing this!

This is a wonderful combo of Snake oil and beautiful mallow and almonds. It's what I wanted Snow White to be! It is glorious!

I'mma be hunting for a bottle!

In the bottle

Snake Oil and almond candy. Yes!

Wet on skin

Everything I love about Snake Oil, plus almond and marshmallow. So yeah, Snake Oil and candy.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes

The best way I can think of to describe the drydown is to say that this matures a bit, in that it goes from Snake Oil/candy to Snake Oil/foodie musk, and the incense notes in the Snake Oil come forward more too.

Thoughts

I bought a second bottle of Wool Phoenix and I'm kicking myself for not buying a second bottle of this, because I love it almost as much. Yet another winning Snake Oil blend.

Wet: Very sweet, almond and marshmallow.

Dry: The Snake Oil quickly comes forward and it about half the scent. The almon and marshmallow are still present but less sweet and instead a bit more creamy.

I can see why a lot of people love this. I'm one of the few people who doesn't really like Snake Oil on themselves so this will be off to another, but I'm very happy I got to try it.

I forgot to review this... whooops!

Wet: Snake Oil and almond! Sweeter than normal S.O., thanks to the marshmallow I'm sure.

Dry: Sweet, almond Snake Oil. While it does contain some foodie elements, it's not what I would describe as a foodie scent. 

As far as the Snow White note goes, I don't smell anything in the blend that reminds me of it. (Which, for me, is a good thing; when I tried out Snow White several years ago, it smelled like pine and plastic on me.)

I love this scent so, so much; it's absolutely worth seeking out if you enjoy Snake Oil. 

Ahh Cotton Phoenix, my beloved sweet dream of a scent. 

All lovely and in a white dress.... sweet snake oil and almond milk with a kiss of Snow White and maybe coconut husk giving it a playful happy air. 

Along with the cotton musk... I just want to twirl with this scent in the sun on a clean wood floor......... 

Picture it: almonds left on your pillow at a cute boutique hotel. That's what this is. 

Wet it's sweet almond, then as it dries, it gets a little spicier and fluffier - think fluffy sweet almonds. The sweetness dissapates a bit on the dry down and gets muskier, though a light, white musk. 

On me, this is primarily a sweeter version of Snake Oil! I don't think I'd necessarily even say that it's 'softer', just sweeter. I get a tiny bit of almond, but mainly whatever makes Snake Oil so singular and distinct is what I get out of this one.

I had wanted a white-cotton-dress version of Snake Oil (as mentioned in one of the earlier reviews!), but I don't get enough of anything other than Snake Oil to get that impression. I do think that my skin chemistry will amplify Snake Oil over anything else in a blend - I've had similar reactions with other "Snake Oil + other stuff" scents, so that is probably what's happening here. Lesson learned!

Cotton Phoenix 2003 - Snake Oil (vanilla and red musk and spices) plus almond. I am not picking up any Snow White but that’s cool with me. Maybe a little marshmallow, but Snake Oil is generally very sweet on me anyway so it’s hard to tell.  I could not pick out cotton blossom in a crowd but after this dries down, I THINK it’s there? It’s a very light, white, fluffy scent, cheerful and sweet.

okay, this started off TERRIBLE on me. like cigarette ashes, weirdly? i still am not loving it, and i think it’s the Snake Oil that’s going weird on me. it usually does, so this isn’t too shocking. i think this would work really work on someone who is a fan of Snake Oil, + a little sweetness. i can smell some mallow in here, but my skin is turning the Snake Oil into a terrifying disaster. 😅

Just came here to say this smells like clean, sweet Snake Oil, but I think everyone already had that covered! I was never super into OG Snake Oil, and Snow White doesn't do anything for me either, but this combo with marshmallow and cotton musk seems to bring out the best in both. 

I gotta say, I’m obsessed with the anniversary scents I think they are among my favorites. There is such a lovely vanilla happening in this perfume, along with such a delicious creamy marshmallow, and a hint of snake oil in the back. This is snake milk’s daintier and shyer cousin. Honestly this is a just such a great wearable scent, a “crowd pleaser”. 

Rating: 9/10 (you will pry this from my cold dead fingers)

I am still getting whiffs of delicious marshmallow for like 5 hours