Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lizabelle

The Wood-Pigeons Hair Gloss

Soft grey amber, white patchouli, and roasted nuts.

Spritzed on my hand for review purposes, as it's too subtle on my short hair to smell from a distance.

I had hoped this would be a soft, warm, slightly salty scent. And it is! The grey amber/ambergris is the star here, although it's not as strong as in Hag Grey, for example. It blends almost equally with the patchouli, which is a soft version that doesn't overpower. It's slightly dusty/woody and is set off interestingly by the ambergris. The nuts actually stick to the background in this, and form one of the most interesting bases I've ever smelled. It's rich and fresh, and if I had to guess at a specific type I think I'd go with walnuts. There's also a soft, nutty sweetness throughout. I'm glad I took a chance on this! It's so unique.

I love this SO MUCH. It's a beautiful, dusty, warm wood smell. The nuts come across as dry and roasted and not foody, and the patchouli is soft, smooth and comforting. The grey amber in this is making me think of last year's L'Hyver, and it's just gorgeous. Definitely the star of the show on my skin. Medium weight incense. Gender neutral. Lasts for days in my hair. LOOOOOOVE. :wub3:

OMG that grey amber note is EVERYTHING. Reminds me of Shadow from AG. Whereas Shadow is a "cool" scent though, the nuts and patch give this a much warmer vibe. It's fantastic and I love it. The patchouli is different than most of the Lab's patch notes - not too dry or earthy, not gnarly either. It goes beautifully with the other notes. This one is simple, but also stunning. Really glad I got a 1oz instead of just a 5ml tester - wondering if that will be enough.

Grey amber with a touch of patchouli and nuts. It's a mainly cool amber blend with enough warmness from both the patchouli and the nuts to keep it from being all amber all the time. Medium throw and wear length.