Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

It is Gold! It is Gold! Hair Gloss

A lively bit of larceny: tinkling amber and well-worn boot leather ensnared by covetous, envy-green strands of mint and raw frankincense.

I'm so fascinated by It is Gold! It is Gold! hair gloss. It's such an unusual combo of notes and does smell so green. Mint and leather are strong right out of the gates. The mint is really nice, a very refreshing, super-green mint. Just after spraying, I would say that the strength of the mint might actually be on par with the strength of mint in Lick It. The leather is also strong, though, so they're evenly matched. (I'm getting a brown leather note rather than black, although there are surely leather lovers here who would do a better job of parsing.) The frankincense holds things together at the bottom, knitting these two notes together in a really nice way.

As it settles in, it remains minty leather and frankincense, all notes ascertainable, but blended together to create a non-foody mint scent that feels wintry and warm at the same time. I find this scent really head-clearing and calming. I think this will be great during the winter, but also wonderful when it's warm out.

huh. it IS mint. like a mint leaf and not like peppermint or spearmint or anything.

and the leather is gorgeous! if you're a love of the Lab's brown leather note, this is a win

I get mainly an amber brown leather blend with a fair bit of frankincense. This one is a manly brown leather, sort of cuddly. Medium throw and wear length.

Very interesting. This reminds me of a minty Snow White. I get mainly spearmint as the herb, with a poof of sweet, cold, powdery snow. Powder is something that leather can do to me, and while amber usually behaves, perhaps in combination with this particular leather, it is turning faux-Snow White on me. I can't really smell the frankincense, and the amber is much fainter beneath the other two notes (the mint and poofy-sweet leather).

Those fearing a strong leather should not! This baby is all sweetness and light. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of Snow White nor of the powdery leather. I really appreciate this for the atmospheric of a cold, snow-strewn forest and a witch's garden on the edge, peeking through with mint and shiny things strung up on the fence, but ultimately it's not a hair gloss I plan to use and thus, I won't keep.