Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sailthetethys

I Suppose You Are a Princess Hair Gloss

Sweet pea and sugar cane.

I blind bottled this as soon as I saw the sweet pea and sugar because I'm still suffering from the Great Reflected Vulva Heartbreak of 2014. After painfully doling out a teensy drop from what's left of my decant to compare, I can say that at least to me it's very close. Even though Princess doesn't have the cream note, it still smells soft and creamy to me. This is so sweet and girlish and precious that it should come with a free tiara, and yet it's not overwhelming and cloying. It's absolutely lovely and now I can finally stop pining for the Luper that got away.

You're damn right I'm a motherfucking princess and now I smell like one too.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: The Lab and Post went through a phase of scents that were basically super-sweetened florals. I became a fan. Of course I was going to try this.

In the Bottle: Very sugar-sweet with an undertone of soft floral.

Wet in Hair: Still sugar-sweet, but a little greener or fresher. I am now thinking of sugarcane more than just sugar to go with the sweet floral.

After Blowdrying: I do get a creamy element, as sailthetethys mentioned above. It is very delicate and feminine and gentle enough to wear to work.

Verdict: I like it and may spend some Christmas money getting another bottle.

Absolutely gorgeous. I have been wearing this everyday since I got it. This is what I wanted Reflected Vulva to smell like but the cherry blossom overpowers the sweet pea in Reflected Vulva for me.

In the bottle: Sugared sweet pea, not too sweet. Smells very much like Spring. No artificial smell.

In my hair: Soft, sweet pea. I love it because it is perfect for everyday when I am at work. It is subtle and doesn't have much throw yet it lasts throughout the day. It smells fresh without any bitter or grassy note. Not too floral or like a commercial shampoo.

I recommend getting a bottle! It is my go-to everyday hair gloss!

In the bottle: Surprisingly creamy! This one definitely reminds me of Reflected Vulva without the cherry blossom. I have the Sweet Pea SN, and this HG has a creaminess present that isn't in the single note.

In my hair, I get this amazing, creamy, sugared sweet pea scent. It has good throw. I applied this to my wet hair one day and my dry hair the next, and sometimes, on the wet hair days, the hair gloss doesn't have much throw after the initial application. That isn't the case with this hair gloss, which I could smell whenever I held my hair up to my nose throughout the first day when I applied it to wet hair, and I get hit with even more of the scent when applied to dry hair.

The sugar cane ends up coming out more throughout the day and adding this wonderful warmth to the scent.

I love this. I'm not sure one bottle will be enough.

Edited by dementia_divine

I'm getting an impression of pink & golden floofiness, like a big ruffled peony flower - very pretty & light-hearted. I thought it had some fruit in it but I guess that's coming from the sweet pea. Though it's not my usual type of HG scent, I can see myself wearing this in springtime. And I must plant some sweet peas this year!

Edited by alterosen

A lovely sugared sweet pea scent! Like others have mentioned above, there does seem to be a creamy element to it as well. Low throw, long lasting. Very impressed!

Oh wow, this is gorgeous. Sweet, creamy, floral. Just so utterly pretty. This will go with a ton of different spring floral scents that I have and love. Oh yes, I need a full bottle of this.

Sugary sweet pea. This one is sugary, intensely sweet pea floral, and yeah, very pink. Girly to the max. Good throw and wear length.

I Suppose You Are a Princess hair gloss is just good fun. This is sweet sweet pea on me, like floral candy. Very springy and layers beautifully with Mouse's Long and Sad Tale.

Previous reviews have mentioned an overall "creamy"ness to the blend, and I have to agree! This is a creamy, sugary sweet pea scent; perfect for someone like me who isn't a fan of straight-floral blends!

Gorgeous scent, and it lasts all day in my hair.  Winner!

On 4/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, LiberAmoris said:

I Suppose You Are a Princess hair gloss is just good fun. This is sweet sweet pea on me, like floral candy. Very springy and layers beautifully with Mouse's Long and Sad Tale.

This is so true.  My OTP for Mouse's Long & Sad Tale.  Medium wear, light & pleasant fragrance.  A total winner.