Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Court Crows Hair Gloss

A dignified appointment for worthy corvids. Golden mango, apple peel, and frankincense.

OK, well, since no one else is going to go...

In the bottle: Fresh mangoes and I would have guessed apple blossom more than apple peel.

First applied: The apple takes a more forward appearance and the mango becomes more secondary, I don't get a lot of frankincense, except for maybe a kind of light, fizzy background note.

Dry down: A very realistic and fresh fruity scent. I still think it's probably more apple (and to me it still smells rather apple-blossom-y, but maybe now a mix of peel and flowers) with mango in the background. Seems to fade quicker than some other hair glosses, I'd say it lasts a full work day, but it's pretty faint by bedtime, and nothing the next day. I could have done with a little bit more mango, but I really like apple, so I'd still say this is a keeper!

Apple blossoms with an edge of sweet mango. I mainly get the fruity apple scent on my hair. It's very light and refreshing. I don't think either note really held up in my hair after blow-drying or maybe I need more for it to stick around.

This is a light, fruity scent that I think I'm going to need to test more to decide how I feel about this. Although it's initially 'juicy' on application, it does become more candy-like over time -- perhaps it's my own experience with mango that shapes this impression, but this doesn't smell very much like fresh mango to me at all, but a more generic 'fruit without being a berry' scent. It's possible that frankincense may be the culprit for that slightly dry impression of sugar I get in the background (this is sugar-dusted fruit) but truthfully I'm not familiar enough with frankincense to pick it out. Throw and wear is minimal -- I don't get any moments of sniffing myself and thinking 'oh my gosh, that's me' like I do with some other BPAL hair glosses. Overall, I'm glad to have tried it and know I don't need a larger bottle.

This would be a lovely scent for a spring or summer day -- I get the strong impression it really wasn't meant for winter.

The fruit notes in this gloss are very soft and indistinct. I would say the strongest note here is apple blossom (the same one in Ladon) with the slightest hints of mango and citrusy frankincense. All the notes blur together into a light, refined, soft fruit scent that is pleasant but not striking enough to form a scent memory after it fades. Think 'fruity shampoo fragrance' as opposed to perfume! Throw is quite low (I need 2-3 sprays, as opposed to 1 spray of Caw-Caw) and fades in under 8 hours.

With that being said, I think this is a mild, universally pleasing fruit scent and one I'm happy to have in my collection!