Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

A Sweet Sleep Hair Gloss

The pure, gentle dreams of the innocent: French lavender, white pear, white sandalwood, and Italian bergamot.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I like lavender, sandalwood, and pear. Bergamot is okay. There is nothing to fear in this and potentially plenty of good for another lavender-based gloss once my Lilith's runs out.

In the Bottle: Lavender and bergamot, with a hint of sandalwood.

On Wet Hair: Lavender, sandalwood, and a hint of pear.

After Blowdrying: Mostly lavender, but the other notes make it soft and sweet without really presenting themselves.

Verdict: A quiet and pretty scent, good for the workplace.

This is the same lavender as in TKO. I have TKO massage oil and atmo spray, and this is a softer, sweeter, gentler version of TKO! The atmo and massage oil can be very "in your face" with strength and throw, but this is very pretty and wearable. I don't really care for bergamot and was worried about it, but I really don't smell it as a distinct note here. In fact, the other notes are blended into the lavender so well that none of them stands out.

I haven't tried any of the other lavender hair glosses, but this one is exactly what I was hoping for!

This one is gorgeous!

I get a lovely combination of the pear, lavender, and some blend of vanilla, bergamot and sandalwood.

It's very soft, but has a good amount of staying power.

It strikes me as a very feminine version of Dorian tbh.

Soft TKO lavender with traces of pear and bergamot. If you love TKO or lavender, get this. UGH. I might need a bottle.

To me, this is reading as sugared lavender and incense. Not sure why - I'm not noticing the pear or bergamot or sandalwood as such & would have guessed there was a bit of champaca or something along those lines. Huh.

This is a beautiful lavender scent and I was surprised there was no vanilla listed in it. Might the white sandalwood gives it that vibe? Bergamot and pear not distinct. Love it enough for a bottle.

ETA Love it enough for a backup!

Edited by Minh Scent

Mostly I get a gentle soft lavender with with an almost milky vanilla (which I'm guessing is the white sandlewood)

The other ingredients I don't really notice, maybe a little bit of the pear.

It has a nice calm smell, but still smells like perfume not just straight-up aromatherapy.

I like it, I want more of it

This is really beautiful. I'm getting sweet, french lavender and a touch of the pear. It reminds me of TKO, but the lavender seems different somehow. I can't comment on if it is similar to Lilith's hg, as I haven't tried it. I kind of wish I got a big bottle, but I haven't even gone through a decant, and I've been using since the lab first started making them. It does seem rather faint in the hair, though.

This smells like TKO to me with a very faint touch of pear. Honestly I hardly noticed the pear until I read the notes. If you love TKO or lavender, get this!!! It is a glorious lavender hair gloss :wub3: Multiple bottle worthy!

In the bottle: Yep, this is the sugared lavender of TKO. UNF.

In my hair, it's all about TKO's sweet lavender. If I hold my hair up to my nose and inhale really deeply, I can smell a bit of sandalwood and pear beneath it, but mostly, it's SUGARED LAVENDER MALLOW PARTY.

The first day I applied it to my wet hair and felt really sleepy for about an hour as a result! (TKO is my most-used sleep scent, but sometimes I get too used to it, and so I can't wear it on a nightly basis anymore.) But the second day, when I applied it to my dry hair, it didn't make me feel sleepy at all (maybe because I paired it with the zingy grapefruit and sugared lavender of Sugar Phoenix).

As a slut for sugared lavender ALL THE THINGS, I am really happy to have a bottle of this. :cheer: I'm currently debating whether or not I need a back-up (since I do have Lilith's hair gloss and so many bottles of hair gloss already, and I don't think I'd reach for this one as often as Lilith's hair gloss). I haven't decided whether or not I should listen to the voice of reason (so many hair glosses already!) or the voice that tells me to hoard all of the sugary lavender things. But if you are on the fence about this one, grab it before it goes away. You will not regret it.

This is one of the best lavender combinations I found so far.

It is indeed quite innocent.

It is so well-blended that I have to find a way towards individual notes.

But since this is from three scents I really like, plus a mild (not sharp) lavender, this is a perfect hair gloss for me.

To me, this is a perfect evening scent on the hair, because it unwinds me, and gives me peace.

I really like the airy pear and the mild, here somewhat sweet lavender, and I love the whiff of bergamot.

No mental images, just an imageless, thus perfect for sleeping mental state of mind. Thanks for creating this.

Totally agree with the sentiments above, this is not as strong of a lavender as TKO. It's super soft and fluffy. I can't really pick up the Bergamot. The pear and sandalwood are very subtle. Doomsday_disco is totally accurate in saying that this comes off as a soft sugared vanila mallow scent. This is great for bedtime! :zzz: