Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Peppermint Cocoa Hair Gloss

Hot cocoa swirled with a candy cane!

This starts off as a deep rich, dry cocoa with light spike of peppermint. As it settles the cocoa gets lighter and more milk chocolate-y, with a gentle sweet peppermint. Light and not overpowering at all.

So, I love peppermint... in any form. Candy, perfume, candles, you name it. However, for some reason, the peppermint notes in the oils tend to disappear in a flash on my skin. SO, seeing this HG, I thought, well, maybe this will be different, and IT IS!!

Sniffing in the bottle, I get just chocolate... no peppermint at all. Uh oh!

BUT applying it to my damp hair, I still got just a light milk chocolate scent... I was getting worried, but then, after a couple seconds, BOOM!! The peppermint emerges! It is so good...and it seems to be staying around!!

It does have a low throw to me, but it is at least there!! Very light peppermint cocoa!! I love it. Try this if you are like me....this is very much ok to wear without worrying about it being cloying. Light, peppermint-y with that touch of hot cocoa!! YUM!

I forgot to post my review here back in December!

In the bottle, it's predominantly hot cocoa with a light mint. It really does smell as if a candy cane has been tossed into it as opposed to making straight-up peppermint cocoa.

Freshly applied to my damp hair, I smell the cocoa in the air, but it's the candy cane that's the first thing to greet my nose when I sniff my hair, backed by the cocoa.

But it quickly turns into a scent that's mostly milk chocolate hot cocoa, with just a hint of mint. It's a light hair gloss.

I probably could have just gone with a decant of this one instead of leaping for a bottle (because I already own El Dia de los Reyes HG). It pairs nicely with many chocolate and cocoa scents, and is probably more versatile in that respect than El Dia de los Reyes, because the mint is lighter in this than the cinnamon is in that one. I like it, but I just wish the mint were a little stronger.

This one is chocolate powdery cocoa with just a whiff of mint on wet. But yeah, it totally smells like cocoa. mr. zee_zee even said "Huh, smells like cocoa!"