Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Honey Maple Hot Toddy Hair Gloss

With apple bourbon.

This is very apple-y and boozey! Not getting as much of the honey or maple as I had hoped. It is almost caramelly though, and quite yummy. I would describe it as a caramel-sweet apple hot toddy. It's lovely, but no sign of the maple I was so hoping for.

I psyched myself out with this one the first time I tried it. I spritzed some on my fingers and started to apply it to my hair before work when the strong booze note hit my nose and I got scared. I wiped off the remainder that was on my fingers and applied some Patchouli and Sweet Clove HG to balance things out. I am well aware that toddies are boozy drinks but this booze was a lot more I'M BOOZE than the other boozy drink HGs I'd tried so far. On my next day off I gave it another go and ended up feeling a bit dumb because the strong hit of booze mellowed soon after application and I wouldn't have smelled like a distillery at work as I had feared. I agree with the previous reviewer, I don't get much if any maple, more the caramely sweetness, boozy apple, and something that smells a bit dry, like hay.

Boozy to high heck.  On my skin, I do get a whiff of apple, but mostly it's maple/butterscotchy booze.  I keep waffling on my bottle, cause it's a LOT, but I do really like it now and then.  Very nice for the holiday season.  

I love this, and wish I could have snagged a second bottle! I get more of a honey apple hot toddy, no maple... If it's there, it's super subtle... I don't find it super boozy - just enough that I couldn't stop sniffing myself. Good throw and wear length!