Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Gingerbread Champaca Hair Gloss

A strange swirl of hot baked gingerbread biscuits, champa incense, and hemp.

Gingerbread Champaca hair gloss is wonderful. This smells like real hot water gingerbread made from scratch with tons of ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and molasses—sweetened just enough to bring it into dessert territory but not so much that the sweetness overpowers the spices—plus a shot of heady champaca. The result is like gingerbread incense, chewy and slightly floral. I don't get any hemp until after the gingerbread and champaca have tired themselves out, and then it adds something that smells a bit like dry grass/"grass" to the mix. It's something I have to actively search for to smell. I would say that the prevailing waft is that of divine gingerbread, so those who fear champaca may have no issues here.

Are you the kind of person who loves gingerbread and nag champa? (If so, come sit next to me!) This one may be for you, as it is for me. :wub2:

I confess that I am not a big "hair gloss" user ... for whatever reason (possibly age or just the texture of my hair) it doesn't really "do" anything for me ... that said, every so often there is an HG scent that speaks to me so much that I'll buy a bottle and just use it as a light body spray or something ...

This was one of them and I am so glad I got it!

LiberAmoris put it perfectly (as she usually does!) ... I love the ginger in it ... often for me, gingerbread per se goes a little too cakey/foody, but ginger itself is divine (as in Shub, all things Shub) ... I also love champaca (my golden champa attar SN is one of my most beloved BPALs ever) ... and the two are both perfectly represented in this scent, just enough and not too much of either one.

This is an unexpected favorite. I was curious enough to try it, and mannn am I glad I did. Above is correct in the description of a gingerbread incense! But not a terribly heavy one. Buying two backups!

I've been super lax with reviews the last year or so, but popping out to add that this is gorgeous. I was worried it'd be too foody for me but it's the same snuggly gingerbread as Mother Shub. Doesn't stick around all that long, but a few re-squirts didn't weigh my hair down.

This is really yummy! The Lab's gingerbread doesn't work on my skin, but this is stellar. I don't get any champaca that I can detect, it's all about the gingerbread. Really strong ginger, not too sweet. Great!

Finally got my hands on this one and it was well worth the effort! As mentioned above, it is a gingerbread that is not too foody and enhanced with just enough nag champa incense to balance the blend out. I was a little alarmed at first spray, because it did for a moment smell like baked goods, but as soon as the spices come forward, the delight begins.