Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nepthys

Egg Nog Gingersnap Hair Gloss

Perfectly warming, spiked with a splash of spiced rum.

I was nervous about buying this. It sounded beautiful, but I was worried it would become overwhelming as time wore on. Luckily, that doesn't happen.

This is heavier on the gingerbread than eggnog, and it works perfectly. It smells like your kitchen on a winter afternoon when you're baking for a holiday party. Rich and cozy without being too sweet. And it lingers beautifully - the following day I could still smell it. Really glad I got this.

This smells so good!

In the bottle, I get rich egg nog and the gingersnap right behind it... a very yummy mixture.

In my hair, I get a nice balanced blend of both the egg nog and gingersnap. I agree with above, it is cozy and just sweet enough to not make your teeth ache! :) it is surprisingly light on me, but present... I can smell it without having to shove my hair in my nose. This is a perfect scent to wear to work or Christmas party and you won't offend anyone nearby!! Gourmand and foody without being overly so.

The previous reviews are dead-on. I was a little worried too, but totally needlessly. This is sublime! It's spicy without being cloying or exotic-spice (so it's not a Morocco stand-in); totally kitchen spices at holiday dessert baking time. It's gently sweet, like a lullaby rather than a ballad. It's light-handed but present and noticeable. I keep thinking "God, what smells so good?!"

Personally, I'm not really getting egg nog, but that may come with shaking the bottle a bit before application.

I also feel like it will go well with so many perfumes, without fighting for attention. Foody, dark and exotic, playful--it'll be a great companion. If you're drawn to the idea of this scent, I can't imagine you'll be disappointed, and I'm convinced this will garner many compliments! Bravo, Ted!

This is surprisingly not sweet in my hair at all. It seems to be unisex, almost masculine, with the rum and spices coming across as bay rum. It's a very nice 'every day' scent rather than a special occasion hair gloss. This is right up there with Alice in my everyday work horse gloss.

Yum! I agree this is mostly spices with the eggnog taking second place. I also get an occasional waft of something smoky which is very pleasant.

Mostly gingerbread spices, a whiff of nutmeg, and that's about it. I don't really get eggnog. Low throw and wear length.