Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Marshmallow Snow Bath Oil

Soft poofs of chilled marshmallow.

This to me is a combination of sweet snow and a pine or fir snow. It has a chilly edge at first but then is just fluffy marshmallow snow and sweet greenery. Very festive!

Marshmallow Snow reminds me of a combination of Snow Moon 2012 and The Illustrated Woman. It is the snow plus the fir note that reminds me of Snow Moon. And Marshmallow Snow DOES have a fairly strong fir note. As time goes on it smells more and more like The Illustrated Woman. A (white) musky vanilla marshmallow in a snowy forest scent. Christmassy!

Sniffing straight from the bottle this is all marshmallow.

But in the bath and on warm skin later, it is mostly the “snow” notes which in this case isn’t quite pine, much more of a fir and hint-of-eucalyptus scent. My mom usually decorates her holiday mantle with fir and holly branches (no berries) and that’s what this smells like to me. Sadly I lose all semblance of marshmallow as soon as it leaves the bottle.

Note: skin-test.

An interesting combination of the foresty snow note (one I've decided on as neither sweet nor minty, but closer to the icy/ozone snow note) and marshmallow. The snow note is obviously dominant on cold sniff, but the marshmallow moves forward when the bath oil is wet on my arm. The dry-down is an interesting combination of the two notes that in the end is pleasant and not so by turns. I just prefer my marshmallow scents to be sweeter.

oh this is glorious. sweet, sugary vanilla poofs with a muted chilly fir note underneath. i use it as a body oil after my shower and it stays true...a sweet, fresh, green base on my skin all day.

i've paired it with snake oil and elf. it's a gorgeous complement for both - snake oil to amp the sweet and elf to amp the green/fir/pine. (so maybe that's actually aspen, since that's the note in elf?)

in any case, i'm super glad i snagged a blind bottle of this. well worth it - a lovely winter holiday scent.

I mean, this is just absolutely marshmallow snow. The snow note here reminds me of the one used in scents like Ice Queen, Skadi, and Snow Bunny. Musky, sweet, slightly ozonic, with a touch of something minty and something like fir. The marshmallow note is the poofy, powdery, sugary fluffball we know and love. Fun stuff!

The note snow in this is the one I consider to be the "pine" snow note. The marshmallow is very sweet and fluffy. The combination is interesting, and very comforting some how. I am not crazy about it (pine or pine-smelling things are really not my jam) but I will happily use the decant up. Smells like winter!

In the bottle, it is all marshmallow and I was reluctant to put it on. However, on the skin in morphs into piney mint which is lovely.

I was hoping for the lab's marshmallow note with a touch of snow, but it pretty much the other way around. There is an odd chemical smell floating around, too. I do love the bath oils as a moisturizer, and that part does not disappoint. It layers well with Stekk, but I gotta say that this one is a bit of a fail scent wise.

It smells so good in the bottle...! Except...in the tub it's the little Christmas-tree shaped air freshener with a touch of soft sugary marshmallow. I don't like pine scents so it's a no for me. :(

Apparently I never reviewed this???

Marshmallow Snow features the sweet, sugared coniferous snow found in scents like Snow Bunny, The First Soft Snow, NYC Snowball Fight, and Frostbitten Zombi, on a bed of marshmallow. It is more about that snow note than the marshmallow, though.

I love using this as an after-shower moisturizer and pairing it with my forest scents. Although the scent isn't what I was expecting when I ordered this one, I am really happy to have a bottle!