Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
patina

Sugar Plum Incense Atmosphere Spray

Swirls of sweet dark myrrh and red benzoin.

This is nothing at all like what I expected but I like it. There's a tart, hibiscus heavy tea called Red Zinger. This smells just like a heavily sweetened version of that.

Below I think I can sense some dark myrrh resin, but not a lot.

This hovers on the edge of being a red powdery drink mix smell, but it's better than that. I really like this.

This reminds me of Planet K, a local head shop that's been around forever. They were always burning strawberry incense and it smelled so much like this, red, smoky and light hearted. It's really sugared and I get a tiny bit of myrrh in there, adding a bit of resinous base. Bright, girly and pretty, and so much like the 'poof' that comes out of a red candy bag just when you open it.

Edited by Jenjin

Sweet sugar plums with myrrh and benzoin to anchor it—this does smell red, somehow. I gave my office a good misting, and when I walked back in the room, it reminded me a bit of some strawberry incense that I had in college and loved. Like incensey dessert in a bottle!

I get bright sugared plums with nary a wisp of incense. Quite pretty, though, and the plum seems to develop a berry tone as it dries. Raspberry maybe?Definitely light-hearted.

This features a very candy-like plum (and perhaps another candy-esque fruit note -- I agree that there's some red fruitiness to this) on a bed of resins. The resins increase in strength over time, but the sweet candy-like fruit remains as the dominant sent (I sprayed two sprays of this on a paper towel so I could see how it progressed over a day). 

I'm not a fan of plum-heavy or berry-heavy scents, and I especially am not fond of candy-like plum, so this one is not for me, although it was nice to be able to try it (I so miss BPTP updates!).