Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The desire to inflict a mortal wound on the monster, Superstition, which, from a similar origin, a few centuries ago, inflicted on European society so vast an amount of misery, and by whose influence not hundreds, but thousands, of innocent persons died in tortures, on the rack and at the stake; the desire made me wish to make the experiment, if possible, of bringing a highly sensitive person, by night, to a churchyard. I thought it possible that they might see, over graves where mouldering bodies lay, something like that which Billing had seen.

Eucalyptus blossom, lime rind, and white mint coalescing into a green-tinged amber glow.

In the bottle this is soft and green. Sweet lime, zingy but not sour and puckering with the softest most gentle eucalyptus I have ever smelled. I normally think of eucalyptus as purely utilitarian for use in aromatherapy bath products, but I never find it pleasant or wearable (in regards to perfume). Beth has completely transformed the possibilities of this note for me. It dries down into a truly eerie green scent. Light mint (not a chilly mint) with the lime, eucalyptus, and amber all softly mingling. I cannot stress enough how gentle this blend is, despite the potential of the notes for being bright or bracing. Very soothing and relaxing, perfect for hectic winter celebrations. Edited by roseus

Wet: This smells like 51 on crack! :eek: bright, green viscous glorious green things. (things) that's the color I get from this. Afterwards...it is soothing, cooling eucalyptus. So pleasant and calming. I need this right now. I see a bottle or two in my future.

On me, this is quite the masculine fragrance, but it works so well as a refreshing wake-up scent to get my day going. This is more a scent locket bottle for me, but it's staying in my collection as a pick-me-up for those mornings I'm dragging at work. Minty (eucalyptus-y, I suppose!), fresh, and green.

Minty, limey, some more eucalyptus as the scent progresses, and the amber lending a quiet sweetness that lurks at the back of the blend. I think this will make a great summer scent! It made me want to drink a lime LaCroix. And I did. :tongue:

It's gotta be me at this point. My skin has gone off the rails.

Eucalyptus and something sour and astringent in the bottle and on application. It's like an unpleasant dentist's-office mouthwash. Eventually it dries to a a dry, crumbly mint with lime overtones.

First SNiff: Really nice. I cannot pick out any particular not even though I am familiar with most of them. I love the combination so far. Just lovely! The scent is fading but still has the lovely scent I enjoyed in the beginning. So far it has not morphed any and I just love it!!

This one wasn't one that was originally on my radar when I first perused the Yule update. I thought it might be too medicinal, but when the first reviews started pouring in, I decided that maybe I needed to try it after all. It shares a few notes with Recharging Station Bath Oil, of which I'll forever regret only getting a decant. But I wasn't sure how they would play with amber. Fortunately, I was able to grab a leftover decant from a circle!

In the decant: Lots of eucalyptus blossom and lime rind! It smells really nice and refreshing.

Wet: The eucalyptus blossom, white mint, and lime rind are the most prominent notes, with the amber lurking in the background. But the amber note seems to be getting stronger as the scent sits on my skin, adding some warmth beneath the coolness. The eucalyptus blossom is exactly that as opposed to straight-up eucalyptus, so it is not bracing, like one might expect this scent to be. I wonder if there is some kind of musk in this as well, contributing to the “green-tinged amber glow”.

Dry: In this phase, the lime rind has calmed down significantly, and I mostly get the eucalyptus blossom, a much softer lime rind, and whatever comprises the green-tinged amber glow.

After a few hours of wear, it ends up being a cool, clean scent.

Verdict: I like this, but I don't love it like I thought it would from smelling it in the decant. I'll be hanging onto my decant to wear during the warmer months, but I'm not sure that I need a bottle.

Ooh. a version of eucalyptus I can actually wear. Yay! Yes, it does have a masculine edge but I would call it clean and gender-neutral officially. Green, clean, lime scented soap?

*pause* Well, actually... wait..some muskiness is coming out...now its like unsettlingly clean. Like what did you do right before you got here? clean. Like you did the naughty in the Dr's office again didn't you, clean. Creepy secretive clean. Naughty invasive boss clean. I'm creeping myself out. oops.

Welllll anyways, its worth a try considering all that, right?

I blind bottled this as a last minute Yule purchase last year and was somewhat disappointed when it arrived. The first few times I tried it, it was just... not much. Very faint, sort of herbal, meh.

I put it in my aging drawer (more out of laziness than any real hope) and forgot about it. Dug it out a few days ago and I am happy to report that it has become seriously awesome. Fresh, herbal, bracing but the musk keeps it 'perfumey' (in a good way) if that makes sense. It has an invigorating, unisex GREEN tone to it that is very TCB (that's Taking Care of Business for the non-Elvis fans out there).

Keep in mind that I'm a citrus/mint/herbal girl through and through - 51, Angeronalia, Shoggoth are the kinds of 'everyday' scents I regularly reach for, and Anesthesia is a bedtime staple - so if those sorts of minty/citrus scents hit the spot for you then Odic Force will most likely be to your liking as wall. And you are all going to think I'm crazy for saying so, but this reminds me of a much lighter, more mellow, Oblivion. It has that metholated and 'green musk' quality to it - I can't explain it but I stand by it!

This one is going in my daytime rotation. It's a great 'get-up-and-go' scent for a Monday morning and I can't really see anyone being bothered or offended by the scent so it will make a good office companion.

At first this is bright lime. A guy's cologne with ozone. I'm not a great fan of citrus in general but the amber manages to mellow it out and ground it a little. I would compare this to 51, although that one is a floral and has deeper elements.

It seems like such a simple scent but as I wear it I find myself increasingly intrigued. I ended up getting a bottle for all those times I want to smell like unearthly green flames.

Edited by patina

Is is it different from A Torrent of Light ("eucalyptus petals, white mint, white amber, and ozone")?

I don't think so actually.

Odic Force is like the mintier companion scent, but to the untrained nose, they are not different at all.

Eucalyptus is the strongest note in this blend while the ambers give it a deeper complexity that keeps it from being a straightforward cold rub.

The mint has a soft quality, almost like the vanilla mint scent you get from the Lick It blends.

The lime rind is not noticeable to me at all.

I really like it because eucalyptus and mint are usually a win for me.

Since I do have ATOL in a bottle, I will be okay with OF in a decant - in case I ever run out or need a smaller size for travel or similar.

I tend to like perfumes featuring eucalyptus and mint because the combo reminds me of B&BW Stress Relief (which is eucalyptus and spearmint). This is creamy eucalyptus and mint with a hefty dose of candied lime off the bat. After a few minutes, the lime calms down significantly and I'm mostly left with the other notes. I can't pick out amber specifically, but it might be contributing to the creamy feel this scent has.