Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A tribute to Lajos Pap, a spiritualist medium whose specialty was apporting snakes, lizards, rats, and frogs – live and dead – during séance.

A pattering of night-creatures: indigo musk and patchouli croaking with oakmoss and a skittering of gleaming black olibanum.

In the Bottle:
Inky and dry in the bottle. Very intriguing. The oakmoss is apparent

On the Skin:
That indigo musk is stunning - slinky and velvety dark. Quite resinous, initially but the musk adds a gorgeous elegance. I like the use of the word "skittering" in the description because this is slick, dark and dry reminiscent of an insect carapace.

On the Drydown:
I almost get a dark purple (indigo?) floral from this. It is truly magnificent and dark as night.

I don't get oakmoss so much. Or maybe it blends in seamlessly with the patchouli right now. In either case, that's odd for me.

This scent is dark and very perfumy and wafts everywhere. I would swear there's a floral here, but there isn't. The fruit is very apparent, non-foody and blends well with the Indgo musk, which I recognize from the special event version of Miss Addie. Indigo musk is a bit hard to describe, but it's inky, almost leathery. I can pick out the olibanum as well.

This is one blind bottle order I don't regret at all.

Edited by patina

Dark musk, inky olibanum and a touch of patchouli and oakmoss. This one is a dark perfume, full of inky blackness. Very wearable. Medium throw and wear length.

I liked this when it arrived a month ago, but was disappointed it did not pack the punch the notes suggested. It has deepened since then, with the musk the main player and olibanum and patch supporting, oakmoss less apparent. It is a sophisticated, perfumey scent.

i am mostly getting the indigo musk at the beginning, with some patchouli. it smells very indigo and black, i think the description does it justice. after awhile it's mostly musk with a slight sweetness, and a hint of oakmoss way in the background. i don't seem to get any olibanum and the patchouli has largely faded. this is an interesting scent, but i'm not sure how i feel about it yet. i may have to re-try.

Mmmmmm i adore this indigo scent so much. It's*almost** powdery but not quite, as it somehow remains smelling wet, slick, swampy. That might not sound delicious but it truly feels victorian and seance-y to me. It feels spiritual in an inky, dark-as-night type of way. 

It doesn't have the longest staying power on my skin, but I don't mind reapplying it. It also works just as well right before crawling into bed when i don't need it to last as long anyway.

In the bottle, this is not altogether pleasant -- something about it feels almost plasticky -- like the smell of opening a new Lego Bionicle (for those of you of a certain generation). I do love it though. A this stage it's quite inky and lightly acrid, with a churning earthiness and warmth that seems to come and go. 

On my skin, this is a different story -- and where I just adore this blend. With some personality it usually reacts differently to my right and left arms, the right being drier and the left developing a little more of a fermenty sweetness :o In either case, it is resinous, dark, and elegantly stately. It has a decent-average throw on me compared to most other bpals I've tried.  

I love this blend, because it is so dark without feeling too heavy or oppressive. It feels dramatic, but self-contained -- kinda like me :D