Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Soupy Twist

Viscacaeaphobia

Fear of Kissing Under the Mistletoe

Pale, sickly flaps of vegetation looming over gaping archways, flaccid lips wet with hunger: cucumber and spearmint curling against the edges of dry, crumbling mistletoe.

All I get is slightly dried cucumber peel. It's not bad; sort of the seasonal opposite of Squirting Cucumber. No mint, no mistletoe.

I get cool, juicy cucumber and a light edge of mint. Thin and chilly, like wintergreen I think. Very refreshing!

This Is what it sounds like - Immediately upon opening and application, it's a pucker-up of green right to the face. And while the similarity to squirting cucumber is there, that belongs to spring and summer. This is claimed by a hidden, lingering cool sweetness from the kiss of spearmint and the exotic touch of the mistletoe, keeping it firmly in winter's grasp. If you want a winter cucumber, this is it.

Cucumber and mistletoe. So I love me some cucumber and it makes me think of Blue Moon 2004, summer, and Hendrik's Gin drinks. This time however, the mistletoe gives it a distinctive Yule herbiness. It smells like a musty green. Good throw and wear length.

This goes on as mostly cucumber and spearmint on me at first, backed by the woodsy, green mistletoe. Over time, it becomes a somewhat soapy cucumber on me, and eventually, a sour, soapy woodsy scent with some coolness from what remains of the cucumber and spearmint.

I enjoyed the wet phase of this scent, but the end result is not my jam.