Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Cherophobia

Fear of Gaiety

Clacking white teeth bared in repugnant, feral upturned leers.

Laughter, hideous laughter: bubbling white ginger gurgling through hot red carnations, shreds of orange peel, and cloying globs of honey.

In the bottle - Ooh baby. It's sweet-citrus-ginger. I have a good feeling about this.

Wet - Yup, that's carnation.

Drydown - I want to say that I'm getting something else -- anything else -- but it's alllll carnation. Damn you, skin chemistry.

Verdict - Although I like the scent, I didn't need a whole bottle. I might look for an oil burner so I can get that in-the-bottle ginger back in my life.

Ginger oranges are the first things I smell here. There is some carnation adding some spice. It almost reminds me of clove, so it feels like a pomander, but with the distinct ginger zing added. Honey comes out more when dry making everything pretty darn sweet. I wish the ginger stayed as strong as when it was wet, because it was perfect. As it wears down, it loses a little bite. I'll enjoy what I have, but won't get any more.

IN THE BOTTLE: Spicy carnations. Not really getting the honey or the orange peel, and can't tell if the white ginger is adding spice, but I'm getting something close to single note carnation (I'll add that I adore SN Carnation so this is not a bad thing).

WET: Super HOT but in a good way (and no red welts) ... I keep thinking I am smelling cinnamon or red-hots, neither of which is in the description, so that's probably just more ginger and carnation. I definitely do NOT get any honey on me and maybe a tiny bit of orange peel ... BTW, glad it's orange peel and not orange, because the mere word "orange" in the description was almost a deal breaker ... yet I love the scent of orange peel.

DRYDOWN: The original scent stays very true on the drydown but with more sweetness which I assume is the honey asserting itself ... I'd really call this, if I had to sum it up in two words, sweet carnation.

OVERALL: I absolutely adore this scent and it's something that if I happened to sniff someone else wearing it I'd hunt them down to find the culprit so I could ask what it was ... BUT it does not love me as much as I love it as a perfume.

If this was made as a bath oil, I'd buy a vat of it.

In the imp, orange peel and carnation. Two of my faves, so yum. As it dries down, I do sense the honey but not the ginger, or maybe I'm confusing the ginger with the spiciness of the carnation. Eventually the orange note fades and it becomes almost SN red carnation -- I should try it next to my SN Spanish red carnation to be sure. It's really nice and these are notes I like, but given how many carnation blends I have, I'm not sure I need more than the imp.

Ginger and orange in the bottle. Goes on as orange spice, similar to Only a Sip, but then it sours and goes weird, which might be the carnation. Not for me.

Carnation with a touch of orange peel and champagne. Huh, funner and more wearable than I expected. Also, if you love carnations, give this a whirl. Because you know, carnations. Good throw and wear length.

In the decant: Spiced oranges! I am mostly getting the ginger, carnation, and orange peel.

Wet: This still smells like spiced orange to me.

Dry: This is very carnation-dominant on me now, but I am still getting a bit of the orange peel, as well as some honey.

After a while, the spicy carnation becomes even stronger, with just a bit of the orange peel, ginger, and honey lingering in the background.

Verdict: I really liked this when the orange peel played more of a role in the wet phase, but once dry, it's mostly just carnation on me. I don't think I need more of it, but I'm glad I got to try it!

I initially get sweet carnations, that is backed up by generic ginger. I think I have a carpet powder that is "tropical" that smells similar. This is a light smell that reminds of spring. It's not overpowering or very complex. The orange isn't too strong to my nose, but it's still got an overall tropical vibe to it.

In the imp: Sweet carnations and orange, with a hint of ginger. 

On my skin:

Wet, the carnations and orange peel dominate. On the initial drydown, the throw is lots of sweet and spicy carnation. The ginger, orange peel, and honey enhance the central carnation rather than standing out as individual notes. It's a very harmonious blend from the get-go. 

The scent stays much the same from this stage forward. On me, the best way I can explain this scent is that it's like carnation dressed up in very subtle makeup. If I stick my nose very close to my skin, I can detect the ginger distinctly. Otherwise, the scent just feels like all the nicest parts of carnation enhanced. 

Strong throw, medium wear length. 

Ginger oranges and carnations. The honey note isn't really appearing on me. Without looking at the notes, I could have sworn there was peppermint or something similar during the wet stage. It's sweet with a hint of spice and a little bit of clean from the carnation note.

It fades pretty fast within a few hours with a low throw. I like it, but not going to seek a bottle. I might have liked this more if the ginger note was a bit softer and let the orange come through more.

this starts with a sweetness from the honey with some ginger. it smells like some type of food but i dunno what. then i get the carnation. my skin seems to eat this up-i can barely detect it. it's a softly spiced, softly sweet scent. it's not bad but not great on me either-something goes bit plasticky here. a shame, as i love all these notes and am always seeking interesting carnation scents.