Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voodoobaby

Honey Snowballs

A splort of honey in a pile of snow.

In short, this is pretty much Snow White with a prominent honey note, from what I can remember of Snow White. At the very least, it's very similar. The honey works nicely -- a sweet second skin scent reminiscent of Christmas goodies and cold air. It's not something I would normally wear, but it will make a nice cozy Christmas scent.

Also of note: I had my husband sniff it blindly and he described it as "some kind of citrus leaf?" I don't get that, but it was cute and might be worth mentioning.

I agree, loads of rich, thick honey drizzled over a pile of Snow White snow. It's SO good! If you like honey scents you absolutely must get this one. I will definitely be hoarding this one.

ETA: Wearing again today and I'm getting loads of carnation, which makes zero sense. I've worn this many times over the past few months, and this is the first time I've gotten anything remotely like this. Probably just a skin chemistry thing, but I thought I'd put it out there FWIW.

Edited by Wench457

At first Honey Snowballs smells almost floral. A cold clear icy floral. It reminds me of ice... or water. I don't think that this is the snow note from Snow White. As it warms up the honey comes out. It's different because I can't detect any vanilla or amber which is usually paired with honey. It's a soft icy snow note with realistic smelling honey. It turns into a very sweet, syrupy honey with the icy snow gone as the day goes on, it actually lasted around 8 hours on me. It has a somewhat hypnotic and cozy calm effect. Hoard-worthy.

Edited by Foodie

This one seems pretty quiet on me. It smells bitter cold. The honey isn't particularly sweet, either. There's just enough so you can tell it is honey, but the cold kind of freezes the rest up. Like if you froze honey itself, it dulls the smell until it thaws. And this does seem to "thaw." As it warms up on the skin, it gets sweeter and stronger, and that ice cold "melts" away. It still doesn't have magnificent throw, though.

In the Bottle:

Light, clear honey sweetness over a cool balsam fir tinged snow note

On the Skin:

Sweet but light honey and a slightly minty snow component. The honey adds some warmth so this isn't a frigid scent just cool much like Buck Moon is.

On the Drydown:

The honey becomes richer and thicker . I know there has been a lot of speculation about the snow note and for me it's more like Snow White to my nose - cool and creamy. Not a multiple bottle blend but I will wear it.

The honey note is great, and really steps to the front on me... I was worried it’d get lost or take a backing role. Something about the honey and the “snowballs” notes (which is very Snow White) turns into some kind of complex floral, like how really fragrant wildflower honey smells, compared to “normal” clover in-the-bear-bottle honey. I really like Snow White and the backing snow notes, so this is a great combination for me!

It has a hint of Snow White, with a soft honey note coming through. Not a long throw, clings to my skin but I don't think I'd want it to be too loud, It's just not that kind of scent. Its really pretty! Simple, beautiful, and delicate.

This was a lot more floral-y than I thought, I get no snow, just a pretty floral honey and I think it will be amazing to layer with other oils.

Musky honey in a mild mint/snow note. Meh. The honey goes to teenage boy funk on me as usual with mintiness. Basically, minty teenage boy sweaty drawers. Not a fan. :P

Honey with a dash of almondy-Snow White. This one would have fit right in with the Frostbitten line. Honeyed Snow White. Good throw and wear length.

no, it's not. It's the Lab's jasmine stamen note which always goes sour on me. there's no honey or snow. :cry2: :cry2: I had such high hopes for this. It's definitely the floral from Snow White; that went to stinky stamen on my skin too.

Edited by Soupy Twist

I've never tried any snow notes, or Wintery scents, but I adore honey so took a gamble on this. I was not expecting a floral :( The honey hides for a few hours then makes a slight appearance, but this wasn't really what I was hoping for. I bought a bottle though, so I am going to see how it ages and hope for the best.

I adore honey, and there are several of the Lab's snow notes that I really like also (the one from Snow White and the one from Mat Night are my faves). I amp both snow and honey, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out!

Wet: Mmmmmmmm. It's the snow note from Snow White. This kind of surprises me actually, as the whole "Frostbitten" line uses that note, and it makes me wonder why this wasn't "Frostbitten O"? That very much smells like what it could be. It's freaking gorgeous. Sexy, sticky, slightly floral honey with that gorgeous sweet snow note from Snow White (which always smells a wee bit like frozen coconut water to me. Love it!)

There's a bit of a battle for dominance on my arm between the two components. Nose to skin, honey is winning. The throw is a lot of Snow White though!

Dry: I was not expecting to love this SO MUCH but I really do. I will need a bottle. The Yules are killing me this year!! This is the perfect marriage between honey and Snow White. If you love both, give this a shot.

Lord, it’s like Venus Verticordia and Snow White had a baby and it’s the sweetest goddamn baby you ever smelled. The honey note is, as others have pointed out, of the wildflower and dandelion variety (my favorite!!) and it really amps up the sweetness of the Snow White snow note.

It’s definitely more floral than foodie. Not what I expected but right up my alley.

The honey note starts out as very prominent, with a bit of chilliness here and there, and some blink-and-you'll-miss-it mint. On the drydown, though, it feels very much like a honey single note, and maybe a little bit of sourness I wasn't expecting.

Definitely keeping the imp, but I'm not sure this warrants a bottle for me.

HFS I love the honey note so much, just gonna huff my arm forever. Honey and snow, pure and simple and so pretteh.

I was curious about this originally, but decided to wait and see what kind of snow note was featured. And then I figured that I didn't need honey plus Snow White, until I saw reviews saying it was like wildflower honey. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a leftover decant!

In the decant: A pale, golden, floral honey, backed by the sweet snow note from Snow White.

Wet: The sweet, golden honey dominates, and it's such a lovely, realistic honey note that really does smell like honey drizzled over Snow White's sweet snow note (with far more honey than snow). The honey note does become more of a floral honey over time. It's really lovely!

Dry: The honey note continues to reign, with the sweet snow lingering in the background. The honey note is really strong, but I do get more of the sweet snow during this phase of the scent.

Verdict: This is a wonderful honey note. I'll be holding onto my decant, since I really enjoyed this honey note, but I don't think I'd reach for it enough to warrant upgrading to a bottle.

Strong honey note, and the honey is, as noted, this blend features the fresh/floral/wildflower honey rather than the darker/sweeter/muskier honey.

Fortunately, the snow note is almost entirely eclipsed by the honey note, because, as people have mentioned, this is definitely the Snow White snow note, and Snow White is terrible burned plastic on my skin. I can smell the soft snow note underneath just dying to turn into a skin chemistry disaster, but it's mostly drowned out by this very fresh, bright honey note.

If you like the bright floral honey notes and Snow White, definitely try this blend out. Good lasting power (I find honey notes tend to stick), good throw.

A splort. I love it. To me, it is Pink Snowballs + Honey. I wish the honey were a bit stronger, but it is very nice.

At first I thought it was going to be a mistake. I keep going back to the honey note and it keeps... well, not working in all sorts of different ways. But I like it. I want it to work. I thought this was going to be Honey Moon 2005 turned up to fourteen. Make no mistake, this is a bold flower honey with a little bit of that chilly snow note coming out with time... the honey is wildly spicy floral, almost carnation honey, very authentic and achingly sweet. Wear this when you're ready to make a big impact.