Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Black Pomegranate

[No additional description provided.]

In The Bottle: Rich, sweet, dark bruised-purple fruit. Juicy but also somehow slightly foreboding.

Wet On Skin: As it warms up, it remains true to actual fruit, as opposed to a "Fruity Perfume". But it's also gaining depth, moving away from fresh fruit and more toward a rich jam or fruit preserves.

Dry Down: It doesn't read as pomegranate per se, but my original assessment of it smelling like dark bruised purple fruit is what I stand by. I usually wind up moving on from fruit scents, because they usually come across as too bright or cheery / child-like. But this is NOT doing that. This is an imminently wearable, subdued and rather goth fruit scent. And I LIKE IT!

I was a little nervous, because pomegranate can be quite tart, but this is deep, dark, and sweet. Throw is good, and it lasted for hours. Just beautiful.

Wet: This smells like I have bitten into a juicy, sweet pomegranate. Dark, seductive, sweet. Dry, candy sweet sticky pomegranate. I don't know how I feel about this yet as my skin eats it up so fast!

Wet--deep, sweet pomegranate. Very fruity. It dries down to a darker, richer scent. Absolutely beautiful, I'm going to order a backup bottle!

I dont know if it's just me and my skin but it smelled lovely in the vial and once applied it just smelled like a cheap fruity candle. I was very disappointed. Maybe it will work for me as a layering scent?:'c

Edited by sterlingstein

This is just as I hoped! A beautiful dark, juicy pomegranate. Sweet but with bit of tartness, wet it almost reads powdery but dry it comes off as deep and velvety.

I love eating pomegranate, it's like candy to me. I guess I like it better blended with other notes, though, usually something dark like dirt, musk or incense. By itself, it's much too fruity. Upon smelling it, I do recognize this is in many blends. The lab likes pomegranate!

This is a pure and gorgeous pomegranate note--a little sweet, a little tart, a little bitter, just the right balance of all of these. I like the Lab's pomegranate and this is no exception.

I don't like regular pomegranate on me, it's super bitter and dusty and just not good. But I was curious about black pomegranate. My decantress was generous enough to send me a sniffie of it.

Wet: Gah, this is just such a skin chem fail for me!! In the bottle, this is rich, dark, fruity - sweet but also tangy, and very sultry. On my skin - artificial, plastic and headache inducing. FAIL.

Dry: Ok, so this recovers a bit. It turns into a nice fruity scent. Not as bad as other pomegranate on me, but still not really my jam. Really glad I got to try it though - I may not love it on it's own, but I don't think I need to avoid black pomegranate quite so much.

Deep sweet pomegranate. Pomegranate ends up very tart on my skin, and it's not typically a note I enjoy. This one is much more likeable. Good throw and wear length.

In the bottle: A lovely pomegranate that is not too tart, but on the sweet side.

Wet: This is almost eyes-rolling-up-in-the-back-of-the-head goodness. Sweeter on my wrist than in the bottle.

The-dry-down: Gosh! This is *good* stuff. I love pome, but was worried when I saw that it was a dark version. But here I am, huffing my wrist. It's great for fall and winter. :) Just imagine George Takei saying "oh my"!

Yes yes yes. This is THE most perfect pomegranate scent of all time. Lucious, velvety, tart, dark fruit. I am so so happy I finally found a bottle of this. I will wear this alone or to pump up the dark purple fruits in other blends that I'm wanting more fruit from.