Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White chocolate and marshmallow pumpkin floss!

Yum! This is the lightly-spiced pumpkin floss note mixed with a light marshmallow note. As it dries, the marshmallow gets stronger and the pumpkin tones down a bit. The white chocolate comes out in the drydown. This reminds me of a past Weenie favourite, Marshmallow Pumpkin, but more subdued and with a touch more spice. :yum:

The throw is somewhat light and the staying power is moderate, but it's been my experience that pumpkin scents age beautifully.

Creamy white marshmallow clouds, spiced pumpkin and a whiff of chocolate. I definitely am amping up the marshmallow in this bit, and its again pumpkin spices as opposed to the buttery pumpkin. More wearable than I expected. Medium throw and wear length.

Pumpkin is so weird on me. I actually find White Pumpkin Floss to be quite spicy, and the pumpkin drowns out what must be softer notes because it always seems to. The other reviews sound lovely, I just wish my nose and brain would cooperate.

On me this smells like Pumpkin Sugar and Stekkjarstaur had a baby.

Pumpkin Sugar is one of my favourites. Even though I amp the sugar note to high heaven and people always thell me I smell like crêpes, there is still a fantastic spice note detectable.

Take that spice note and combine it with the marshmallow note from Stekk.

Voilà, White Pumpkin Floss. I really do not get any white chocolate.

Wet: Yummmm. Creamy and spicy. A yummy combo. Very sweet I am getting more white chocolate than marshmallow I think. And the spices are different, not cinnamon, but I think maybe nutmeg and ginger instead? There is something underneath that it not sitting well on my skin, though I am really hoping it'll settle, because the rest of the scent is really great.

Dry: This is creamy, soft, sweet and fluffy, with just the right amount of spice. I really like it. Glad I grabbed a partial instead of just a decant. Nom nom nom.

White Pumpkin Floss is my favorite of the two flosses I tried this year. This smells like spicy pumpkin, vanilla, marshmallow, and a wan bit of chocolate—it's scrumptious.

In the bottle: Syrup-y, sweet pumpkin sweetened further by the white chocolate.

Wet: It's sweeter on me than it was in the bottle! I'm getting a lot of white chocolate with the pumpkin candy floss. I thought that the pumpkin might overtake the other notes, because it was pretty strong in the bottle, but the creamy white chocolate note ends up being just as strong as the pumpkin is on me. The pumpkin candy floss note only has a tinge of spice. After a few minutes, the marshmallow ends up peeking out. So far, this is really amazing and exactly what I was hoping for! The marshmallow seems to be getting stronger as the scent begins to dry. Aww yiss. I love the Lab's marshmallow note!

Dry: After several hours of wear, the pumpkin floss remains the dominant note on me, along with lots of creamy white chocolate and some airy marshmallow.

Verdict: I'm so happy that I bought a bottle!

In the bottle: All the notes, each trying to rise to the top! There's also a hint of an incense or resin note, though nothing like that is listed.

Wet: The overall brightness has calmed down; there's more white chocolate and marshmallow now. The spicy note is muting to a dull roar. :) It did "spike" for a second as I applied to my wrist.

The dry-down: Finally, all notes, including the unknown resin/incense note, merge into a scent that's not overly sweet (white chocolate in RL is rather sweet). Pleasant yet grown-up; on me this is not a little girl's scent. If you like Boo, or the white chocolate perfume oils from the various Lupers' box of chocolates, this might find a niche in your wheelhouse. :)

ETA: I glanced over the other reviews as I was posting, and the spicey note is the pumpkin floss? That's surprising. I never think of pumpkin or candy floss as spicey.

Edited by thekittenkat

I was hoping that this would be like White Pumpkin Extrait, which I still miss, and which was a buttery pumpkin, creamy vanilla and sort of a real, gooey apple pie smell. So warm, vanilla-y and comforting. White Pumpkin Floss isn't really buttery or creamy to me, and it has a huge punch of cinnamon on my skin. Lots of cinnamon with a little bit of creamy and slightly powdery white chocolate/marshmallow scent. Smells dry rather than the decadent, creamy, butteriness of the White Pumpkin Extrait.

1st Try:

I expected this to be a mouth-wateringly creamy, foody scent.

In the bottle, all pumpkin.

Wet: Dry, dry, dry pumpkin note, with a heavy undercurrent of bpal's "old book" note. Dry papers & a little pumpkin. Not foody at all, which I thought was weird. As it began to dry down, I got a hint of burnt sugar.

Dry, the happy burnt sugar note disappeared, the pumpkin disappeared, the books disappeared, and I was left with...cinnamon. But not baking cinnamon; the dry scent of those 'cinnamon brooms' you buy at the grocery store.

White chocolate? MIA. There's no creamy chocolate note in this at all. Dangit. :/

Several hours later, I find that the cinnamon note has faded out and now it's all creamy white chocolate, but the pumpkin is long gone.

2nd Try:

I decided to re-try on a less-stressed day, and the results were startlingly different (and yet, the same.)

Wet, there was a rush of pumpkin, definitely more cooked & sweetened than raw. No 'dry' note whatsoever. However, the pumpkin fled in short order, even before the dry-down was complete.

Dry, the throw was nonexistent, but it smelled not like terrible cinnamon brooms, but like cake with a warm spicy undertone. Dry, a couple of hours later, it's all delicious creamy white chocolate, but to smell it I have to put my nose right on my skin.

Judgment:

I like it, but I'm disappointed that the pumpkin note doesn't stick around, because I love pumpkin-based scents, and bought it because of that. Not to mention clearly my skin chemistry is the deciding factor in any fragrance. I'll try wearing it in my scent locket and see how it performs when it's not touching my skin.

Edited by harmonyfb

It is currently dry summer weather where I live so I am stuck inside with air conditioning and missing the cool fall weather. I am delving into some weenie scents and to see how they have aged. :reviews:

In the bottle: Super strong! Fiancé says it smells like sugary cinnamon toast crunch cereal to him and he detects no pumpkin :violin:My super sniffer nose detects the creamy pumpkin underneath the blast of spicy sugar. :wacko:

Wet on skin: Hello marshmallow and creamy pumpkin! Thank you for showing up! :kissy: 

Partially dry, after five minutes: Oh no!! The spicy smell has taken over the marshmallow and pumpkin again! It is too spicy for my nose :cry2:

Completely dry: My skin is gobbling up this scent and it is almost completely gone after about ten minutes! :cry2:However my skin is dry due to air conditioning and the dry summer heat. Will have to test the wear length again in the Fall to see if it is different when my skin is more moisturized. Hoping for better luck. 🤞