Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Wench457

Crimson Pumpkin Floss

Pomegranate and maraschino cherry pumpkin floss!

This one is a knockout winner for me. It almost had to be: I adore all pumpkin scents, pomegranate, and maraschino cherry. Add floss to the mix and there is almost no way it could NOT work for me.

The first hit is that rich, sweet pumpkin scent I adore, with pomegranate adding a tart note. Those two notes seem to be a bit at odds at the beginning, but after it warms up for a few minutes the cherry and floss join the party and smooth everything together. Fruity, not too heavy and not too sweet. I will wear this one a lot all year around.

Dear god, do not walk, run to buy this is you even slightly suspect you might enjoy it. The pumpkin and spices are present but mild in this blend and the pom and cherry balance each other with sweet and tangy to give this lush RED note combined that is sweet without being even a hint cloying and is just so good. This may be the hit of the season for me.

Had to try this one. The pumpkin/pomegranate mix of Pumpkin III (2005,2006) is one of my favorite Halloweenie blends. Freshly opened, I got a blast of cherry, but on my skin, the pom started coming out. The pumpkin is very faint, but definitely present. As a previous poster stated, this is a very RED scent. I want to like it, but cherry just doesn't work well on me (one of the few fruits that don't), and in the end, that's mainly what I got from this. Pass.

In the bottle - Lots of pumpkin.

Wet - Still lots of pumpkin.

Drydown - OMG. This is amazing. I'm too excited to be useful with any sort of description. It's not craft store pumpkin. It's like you dumped a jar of grenadine and a pumpkin tart into the cotton candy machine, and this popped out. It's not terribly complex or subtle, but that's not what I want out of it.

Verdict - This dissipates quickly, like most scents I love. Not a problem; I will happily slather. Already bought a backup.

Red, sweet fruitiness and the lab's classic Pumpkin Floss note, which sadly, I'm having to admit doesn't work for me. It comes off as fakey. The pomegranite/cherry combo is wet and juicy, and makes me feel nostalgic for the fruit punch of my childhood. It's a nice, up front burst, but it just can't save this for me. Alas, to the swaps!

If you're into fruity blends, you NEED this. Desperately. In the bottle I knew it would be glorious from the maraschino cherry, but on it becomes this spunky fruit punch blend (as mentioned above) with maybe some cream added? I don't know, but it is less a pumpkin floss and more a Beaver Moon blend to me. Yaaaaas.