Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Gingerbread Haunted House

White icing skeletons, sour gummi worms, red licorice bloodstains, chocolate werewolf prints, and pretzel stick vampire stakes.

I get gingerbread, white icing, a hint of chocolate and licorice. This really reminds me to a Yule Gingerbread scent. More candy in it than the typical Yule Gingerbread combination, but yeah, it smells like a mix between Halloween and Christmas. Medium throw and wear length.

I love Gingerbread Haunted House. It smells just like a gingerbread house to me: the icing is there, I smell a bit of red hots, gummies, licorice, and a bit of chocolate and pretzel. And of course, the awesome gingerbread note itself, which is the main player here. Making gingerbread houses at Christmastime was something my mom, my brother, and I would do each year...then we'd try (and fail) not to pick the candy off as the days went on. This is a great capture of that scent memory for me, and makes for a very fun perfume.

I really wanted to like this. The first 10 minutes, it definitely smells like gingerbread with some candy laying around. About an hour in, the candy becomes more apparent, definitely picking up candy corn. It's really hard to pick up after 2 hours. I can't tell if my skin ate it, or my chemistry just doesn't like it. It ended up with the fake, plastic vanilla smell so many other people mention.

This was frimped to me; I would never have chosen it myself. And it's quite delightful. My skin is usually a no-throw zone, but my husband commented, "The car smells like cinnamon rolls." Nope, that was me.

Gingerbread is the principle note, but I get hints of chocolate and maybe other candy notes, though I can't say I could pick out red vines or sour gummi worms. It's fun to wear and I felt like it was raising the spirits of the people around me, too. Which of course is why they back cookies or cinnamon buns at houses they are trying to sell. It's making me seek out more gingerbread scents -- cake is usually awful on me, but gingerbread, yum.

Strong, extra gingery gingerbread gives way to a softer gingerbread with candy (something fruity, cinnamon red hots and a general mixed candy smell). Dries down into gingerbread, cinnamony, fruity candy and a touch of pretzel.