Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Akurarei

Absinthe-Laced Candied Apple Hair Gloss

With a dribble of caramel and flecks of white sugar.

The Post has made yet another spectacular hair gloss with this one!

It smells like fresh, caramel drizzled apple slices with a squirt of sweet crystalizzed lemon.

Buying backups of this one too.
::snuggles gloss and goblins:: Edited by Akurarei

Absinthe is always one of those scents that depending on how it's blended, it can either be really good or really bad, so I had to try this.

Got a decant of this, and sniffing it, it is very sweet...which I didn't expect, but it does say caramel and white sugar. :) In my hair, it turns out to be a lovely effervescent sweet scent. Not sure I am getting caramel out of this, but a bubbly sugary green scent... not green as in greenery, but as in the green fairy.

It has a good throw and strength on me...I think this is a wonderful scent for springtime as well as fall. If you like sweet scent, then you will like this one.

I was grabby hands on this because of the magic word "absinthe". However, it is a very light note in here, dominated by a very sweet apple. I am no getting caramel in this, but more a fruity sugar. Low throw, decent wear length.

Apples and absinthe, with a dollop of sugar. I actually really like this, and mr. zee_zee went out of his way to say that it smelled nice. LOVE IT!

I wish I was getting some sort of sweetness from this whether it be sugar, caramel, anise, or apple. Instead, first sprayed, it is a blast of shampoo and absinthe tinged hair spray. There are hints of lemon here and there, but this is predominately soapy and clean. A nice clean scent, a curious scent- just not what I had been hoping for.

On another note the Post's hair gloss is wonderful for my hair and greatly enjoyed!

Edit: on the extreme dry down this is softer with a wisp of apple peeking out and now has settled down into an slightly clean absinthe scent.

Further editing!: This has lasted in my hair for days! And has grown on me. Combined with a sweeter, foodie caramel apple HG I like more :)

Edited by Amorphous Red

Right out of the bottle this smells like synthetic lemon and some kind of sickeningly sweet bargan bin Walmart body spray, the kind that is on clearance because it is NASTY. I can't smell the caramel or the the apple. Serious barf.

A couple of hours later my hair now smells of the faintest of ghosts of apples and a hint of sugared absinthe, which is actually nice.

... But that intial first stage is vile. Too bad.