Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Desolate Farmhouse Atmosphere Spray

Dry, forgotten hay bales, discarded scythes, and stalks of ergot-thick rye swaying gently in the gloaming.

Wow, this is creepy. It really does conjure up imagines of abandoned fields under a darkened sky. The rye (which is a really neat scent!) comes through a bit stronger than the hay. It's just sweet enough. I don't know how much I will use it - not sure if I want my house to smell like this, but I may spray it on my clothes before I go for a hike - it's suited to walks through the darkening woods and fields on a gloomy day.

So much rye! With a smattering of hay and chilly, well-weathered metal behind it. Very evocative of its name - I'll definitely be using it to bring the gloomy days of fall and early winter inside. Lots of throw and staying power with this one.

This is throwing open the doors of a locked-up shed in the dead of night only to find nothing inside. Still and somewhat metallic - maybe a little bit woody - with a cold gust carrying the scent of nearby fields. A sort of lonely smell, though not necessarily sad.

When I was 10 or so, my parents and I spent the summer living with an uncle of mine in a rural Colorado town while we were without a place of our own. While it was plenty sunny during the day, it could grow eerily cold at night - pretty unsettling when you're basically in the sticks. On the day we moved into our new apartment, we lost him to a car accident. Some time after, we returned to the property to sort out his things. He was a bit of a hoarder, so it felt odd to see the storage completely void of anything. Staring at all that empty space afterwards - it felt (and smelled) like this.

I try not to think of him much, as it's too hard, but this is very nice to remember him by.

I am surprised by the other reviews because my impression of this atmosphere spray was very different! This spray smells exactly like a bottle of Nevermore Body Co. aftershave I used to have in the scent "Midnight Mojito".

I smell sugarcane, sweet dry hay, and a cooling mint (spearmint). The hay and the mint are the most dominant to me. I love Thrice-Ploughed Field atmosphere spray and this is like a winter version of it! It is nice but not bottle worthy for me. I do wish Thrice-Ploughed Field would return because it was a glorious hay scent.

Creepy hay and metal. This one is ghostly, and kinda minty, and would make sense if you wanted to spray your house and make it smell like a deserted barnyard where a scythe wielding zombie is waiting for you in the darkened gloom.

got a frimp of this in a swap. this is a weird scent. it's kind of off-putting or disturbing, i can't quite describe why...just the scent itself and the images it conjures. it's definitely desolate, mysterious and there is an air of something that's gone wrong.  there's a slight freshness, mixed with something old and musty in this scent...opposites. glad i got to try this, as i've never smelled anything quite like it, but i definitely wouldn't want to keep it. it evokes a mood and a vision and that is its strength and why i am continually astounded by beth's ability to do this. bravo.