Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Dead Leaves and Burnt Marshmallows Hair Gloss

[No additional description provided.]

I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet! I thought this would be super popular. I mean, who hasn't thought at least once in their life, "man, I wish my hair could smell like toasty marshmallows and dead leaves!" am I right??

This is FABULOUS.

I feel like the Lab and Post Dead Leaves notes are like Russian Roulette - you don't know which one you're going to get. Will it be that cologney one I really hate? The sort of aquatic one? That SUPER bitter one? Or that perfect, legit smells like dead leaves crunching under your feet one? Well, it's that one folks. Perfection. And it's not too strong. In fact, the sweet vanilla fluffy only slightly scorched marshmallow come out on top. I love this. In my top three of Dead Leaves HG thus far (other two are Dead Leaves and Cinnamon Incense and Whatever Else from last year, and Dead Leaves, Patchouli, Honey and Stuff from the year before. Super happy I got a 1oz of this instead of just a little 5ml. I will have to restrain myself from getting a full bottle with firm reminders that I have never used up anything in my life ever.

ANYWAY - the entire point of this whole rambling review - if you love marshmallow, try this. Don't let the Dead Leaves scare you off, they are well behaved here.

I got a set of Dead Leaves gloss decants cause Dead Leaves is one of my favorite collections and I wanted to TRY THEM ALL before picking out a favorite or two to buy "big." And of course cause MARSHMALLOW this was the one I tested first.

First Sniff Impression: The NICE Dead Leaves note I love, with some nommie sweetness.

Wet in Vial: The Dead Leaves are thankfully the fresh, dry, crisp ones I like, not the cologne-variety that utterly hates me. The burnt marshmallow is interesting because it smells almost nutty like peanut butter.

Drying Down: The peanut-type note is actually nice, because it seems like it's like the caramelization of the marshmallow when it starts to really toast, bubble, and burn. [ETA: I've since tried DL & Sugar Crystals too and got the same slightly peanut note. I think it's probably a from a base oil or the DL themselves. It's very subtle, though, and fades quickly. Adds a bit of warmth to the scent!]

Dry: Dry it's such a surprisingly light, amazing blend. The burnt marshmallow seems like it could've gone sicky-sweet, but it's super fresh, sweet, and light almost like cotton candy. The leaves are a subtle, outdoorsy backdrop.

Conclusion: I was hoping to love this one simply cause MARSHMALLOW but was reserving judgement since I've had marshmallow notes that haven't ended up working for me. This one was YUMMY! Perfect soft, light, fluffy, toasted sweetness with my favorite Dead Leaves gloss note. HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE!

Edited by renfair

This is Dead Leaves and...... dead leaves to my nose. I don't smell any marshmallow, burnt or not. The leaf note is lovely, but I was really hoping for the burnt marshmallow to shine.

Starts out VERY dead leaves, but once sprayed in hair and dry, marshmallowy goodness with the dead leaves softening and hanging more in the background. I love it and ordered a full size, hubby doesn't feel the same.

Dead Leaves and Burnt Marshmallow... ok so the first two lovely reviewers already hit the highlights and made most of the good points as far as I am concerned... sweet fluffy marshmallows, not so much burnt as pleasantly toasted... the dry crunchy version of dead leaves (not the cologne-y, aquatic, or damp and earthy/moldy dead-leaves-turning-to-soil... this is papery leaves, dried-in-the-autumn-sun-for-days leaves)... etc.

The only thing I want to add is that there is actually an "old book" quality to this scent. The leaves are dry and musty enough to be like old paper, the marshmallow evokes that vanillic scent that some old books have subtly, but in a louder, sweeter way. It's old books, lightly sweet and woody, with that deeper dry-musty/dusty-decayed scent tuned down and the sweet vanilla-like element turned way up.

I absolutely adore this! I wish I could re-name this scent Crunchy Leaves, Toasted Marshmallow, and a Whiff of Old Books.

Edited by The Forest Floor

Dead leaves and a whiff of burnt sugar and vanilla creme. Yup, it's like dead leaves with a glop of marshmallow that melted off a stick from the fire. Average throw and wear length.

I FREAKING LOVE THIS!!! it really smells exactly like the description which is basically what i want to smell like ALL THE TIME so yeah, this is fan fucking tastic.

Love this hair gloss. It smells so incredibly cozy, like spending an afternoon jumping into leaf piles and then having a toasty marshmallow snack as the sun begins to set.

If I spray it directly in my hair I find it to be a bit more perfumy, however, if I spray it in my hands first and then rub it in, it's a very realistic leaf scent. The marshmallow has a hint of peanut smell to it, and my sister, who is allergic to nuts, cannot be around the scent without feeling ill. However, I think it smells deliciously gooey and cozy and I absolutely love it.

Unfortunately for me, this one was too much Dead Leaves and too little Burnt Marshmallow.

I liked the final end of the drydown, but it took too long to get there for this to be a loved scent

This one is quite nice, but I wish there was more of the marshmallow scent. I do smell it, but more in the background. I will probably be passing on my bottle.

On initial spray it’s pure leaf litter, and it’s got such a throw. I can smell it in the air minutes after I’ve applied it. Once it’s settled down the sweetness comes through but it’s very subtle for me and doesn’t overpower the leaf notes