When you can barely see
Across its hazed lacune
If opposite aught there be
Of fleshed humanity
Wherewith I may commune;
Or if the voice so near
Be a soul’s voice floating here.

—Thomas Hardy

Marbled white iris, white tobacco flower, Italian bergamot, white leather, and Mysore sandalwood.

Iris and tobacco flower on wet, but it dries to a white sandalwood with touches of leather. So it goes from a very cold white floral blend to a sort of powdery white leather blend. Low throw but good wear length.

Very powdery and dry. The scent this most reminds me of is Pediophobia, but lighter and without the sweetness and I think I can detect the bergamot. It makes me feel Aloof

this scent is pretty but so soft that i can barely smell it! i think it's mostly tobacco, sandalwood and maybe the "marbled" part is vanilla, because i swear there's something a bit like vanilla in this. i think i am smelling iris in the background but not the bergamot or leather...wish the leather came out more on me. this scent is pretty and i like it quite a lot, but it's very subtle and dissipates very quickly.

On me this is verrrrrry violet/orris, with a sugary, almost fermented tone. Other soft, powdery nuances surround it like a cloud. There's something a little bitter lurking under it at times, keeping it from smelling too simple/innocent. For me it came on strong at first, but didn't last long.

I was on the fence about whether I wanted to try this - I decided against it, but was lucky enough to receive a sniffie of it from my lovely decantress Ajevie.

Wet: Gorgeous sandalwood (and I mean gorgeous, this sandalwood note is SO GOOD). The orris is very present as well, which I am not a fan of, but it's actually quite pleasant with the bergamot. That sandalwood though!!!

Dry: This dries to a really interesting, unisex sandalwood and orris scent. I kind of like it! It's different. I cant honestly see wearing it, but really had to have gotten to satisfy my curiosity and try it.

In a Whispering Gallery is such a pale, light scent. This is refined and genteel. Wet, the leather and iris are the strongest notes, but the sandalwood and tobacco flower float up as it dries. The bergamot is very subtle on me. A couple of hours after dabbing on, it's a very luminous sandalwood—smelling a bit like a fancy pair of white leather gloves or a fancy soap from Italy. Very courtly somehow, and super wearable. I bet this would layer beautifully with the Post's Skeleton White hair gloss.

First Whiff: Mild light floral. Pretty. Oh wow, a few minutes later it is quite a bit stronger with that bandaid note I get sometimes..

Thankfully it is calming down to a medium floral scent with a hint of band aid. Even without the bandaid note, this is too strong of a floral note for me personally. I'm not sure if the bandaid thing is my chemistry or one of the notes which morph into that scent on everybody. Or maybe is just my chemistry.

Austere, dry soapy floral. Iris and I'm not sure what else. It's not a strong scent. Hauty and detached, not a warm vibe. I'm not getting any leather or bergamot. Too soapy for me, off to swaps.

This is from 2017 and it’s pretty faded on me. I get hints of sandalwood, florals, and bergamot.  It’s very pretty, cheerful, but sooooo soft and close to the skin. Off to swaps, maybe it will amp more on someone else.