Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Hemp, Mossy Soil, Frankincense, and Oudh

[No additional description provided.]

The hemp and moss combine with the dead leaves so I end with something very green and almost tomato leaf like, with a base of dirty frankincense. Again, not really a dead leaves blend. More like autumn in a dying garden patch. Good throw and wear length.

Hemp and mossy soil soften and "blur" the sharp cologne bite of the dead leaves. Reminds me alot of Graveyard Dirt mixed with slightly damp, newly-dried autumn leaves. This is lazy, dreamy, floating, sexiness. Warm, but with a hint of unsettling coldness underneath. Once fully dry, I get a background appearance of something slightly bitter/sour - not sure if it's oudh or the dead leaves breaking through. It's not unpleasant, though it may be just a tad sinister/foreboding. Somehow it fits with the lazy-dreamy-floatingness. A scent for an irresistibly sexy male zombie, maybe? I am not able to pick out the frankincense by itself.

Mossy Graveyard dirt with a hint of airy frankincense in the air. For this nose, mostly dirt and moss with a hint of frankincense. No cologne note, thankfully. So, like Yorick burning some incense.

This is more dry than loam-y.

I'm not really a fan of the dirt blends but I like this. I'll keep it for when I want to smell like dirt and leaves. I'd love this as an atmosphere scent.

Edited by sprout

It's oud-filled love at first sniff right out of the vial. I ordinarily don't like cologne-type scents, but the freshness here really works in an original way. I immediately apply it and it blooms to meld with the delicious earthiness of the soil, leaves and hemp. Surprisingly warm and resinous when it dries down. It's almost sweet, in that vegetal way hemp can be, but I wouldn't have recognized the note specifically. This may be my favorite of Beth's "dirt" scents yet.

When I got this one in December 17 I did not like it. Then I only smelled green moss, no DL. Now after 2 month of aging, it smells much better! It is astringent and green, but has also somehow a sweet touch to it. Guess from the oudh. A really nice smell! Can't detect frankincense though.

The oudh is strong in this one, overpowering all the other notes.  I can barely make out the dead leaves note, which I love.  OK, I'm going to be honest, I can barely make out any of the other notes.  I sometimes amp oudh, and I'm doing it here.  On me, this is a slightly mossy, hempy oudh.  Not fecal, but down and dirty.  I love the DL note (and hemp and frank), so this is a fail on my skin.