Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nepthys

Dead Leaves, Coconut, and Champaca Blossom

[No additional description provided.]

Of the 4 Weenies I bought, this was the biggest surprise. Probably because my previous Dead Leaves scents were heavy on the dead leaf part, especially my hair glosses - and so they really conveyed autumn. This one smells like reading a library book in a garden on an overcast summer day. The leaf and champaca blossom merge together and the coconut is just faintly there. It all works beautifully together, like something a shy goth girl would wear. I'm positive this will be popular because it's a light, pretty scent you could wear year round.

I think I need to say firstly that I love the idea of a dead leaves scent but previous DL scents have this unpleasant bite that overpowers my nose.

That said, I am surprised and quite happy with this DL. The combination of coconut and champaca makes the DL note smooth out to where I don't detect any bite. I get the beautiful dead leaves coming through along with champaca. the coconut is subtle and not at all suntan lotion. No one note dominates - the three notes just sing together. I am super happy to have tried this and will be purchasing a bottle.

On wet, I get the coconut the most, but it's really light, and then it dries down to a dead leaf and champaca blend. So it's a slightly smoky white floral and dead leaves. More of the traditional perfume type than I expected. Great throw, good wear length.

I agree with earlier reviewers: Of all the dead leaf blends I have tried, this is the least-dead-leafiest. That sharp snap, that sorta-cologne-like smell present with other DL blends just doesn’t seem to be here. I don’t get blatant coconut, either, but I can definitely smell a chewy champaca. It is perhaps reminiscent of an old book scent, as Nepthys mentioned above, if you were trying to capture the smell of books in candle form. It’s quite nice, and very unexpected.

This sounded so interesting, likely this year's DL scent I was most excited to try!

Wet: Shit, it's that cologne dead leaf note, I was not expecting that. :( The DL note is fading quickly though. The mix of coconut and champaca is sweet and incense and different. One of the least "head shop" champaca scents I have tried.

Dry: The cologne aspect of the dead leaves notes totally fades - actually I can't detect the dead leaves at all. I get a champaca coconut combo that reminds me a lot of Keichu Nyoetsu Warai Dogu, but without the opium that eventually ruined that scent for me. I enjoy it, but I don't think I would wear it.

The dead leaf smell in this is slightly cologne like, but to be honest it wasn't very strong in this. It definitely made this scent smell fairly 'unisex-leaning-masculine' in the beginning. The cologne smell does fade quite a bit given a bit of time at least, and it's not too strong.

The champaca is the strongest note in this though and it's lovely. It almost smells a bit fruity, but not quite. Just very sweet. The coconut is there but barely, just kind of adding a touch of earthy sweetness to the scent as a whole, while not making it feel too 'tropical'.

I love the smell of a headshop/hippie/metaphysical store, but often the scents don't work on me or they smell too overpowering. This is definitely like my favorite metaphysical store, but toned down and more delicate. Well-blended to the point where the dead leaves are very subtle - I like dead leaves cologny smell and in this it's a background note that rounds out the coconut and champaca. I like the sharpness of it, but it's not sharp at all in this, which is just fine. I think I found my first BPAL dead leaves for summer! I may need to get a bottle of this...

Mmmm, champaca. Dead Leaves, Coconut, and Champaca Blossom is light on the dead leaves note, letting the champaca blossom take center stage. I don't even get much coconut from this. Dry, this is champaca with a darker shadow than it normally throws, a beautiful, golden autumn floral. I'm so glad to have this in my collection!

Wet: A very light dead leaves scent. A little cologne-y, but it's not very bold.

Dry: Ohhh, this is much prettier than I thought it would be. A very light dead leaves scent, with a delicate floral undertone. I can't smell any coconut.

I'm glad I have a decant of this, but I don't think I'll need a big bottle.

Edited by donkehpoo

What a Fun gorgeous scent!

This is a juicy, tropical party in a bottle, under stormy skies. 

Three of my favorite scent notes in one bottle is all kinds of yes and they play so well together!

The coconut and blossoms lead the way to the bar, while the dead leaves linger overhead like storm clouds, but not too strong....

Still, it's sheer on with a medium throw and lingers close to my skin. 
I love it.